On the 16th of March IH Riga was proud to host its first conference - a teacher training day for local teachers.
The programme included presentations from industry experts from the UK, Hungary, Lithuania and Latvia, with both IH and external speakers. Delegates engaged in various exciting discussions based around teaching techniques and the latest trends in the development of language learning. It was a stimulating experience and a great opportunity for the exchange of new ideas.
Topics covered included:
- Improving students' presentation skills
- Introducing educational neuroscience in the classroom
- Teaching the teenage brain
- Pronunciation and word stress
- Creative writing and literature in class
- Creative and engaging project ideas for young learners and teens
- Offering choices to our students
More information about the conference can be found here.