International House World Foundation
The IH World Foundation aims to support the work of IH schools, or individuals with a connection to the IH network, in projects to:
- advance language education
- assist those in need due to youth, age, ill-health, disability, financial hardship, refugee status, etc, or
- advance community development through the promotion of civic responsibility and good citizenship
Apply for a grant of £1000
in 2021, the IHW Foundation will be giving grants of £1,000 to IH schools to support charitable activities. For example:
- You could collaborate with a local charity to provide free language training lessons for young learners
- It would fund language lessons for people who have lost their jobs in the pandemic.
- You could fund your students getting involved in any environmental project, for example renovating a local area.
- It could fund teacher training for teachers working in volunteer teaching roles for charities.
- The money could add to charitable education projects that schools already run
- You could apply for scholarships to fund any students.
To apply, download the grant application form here <<download form>>
All applications must be submitted on this standard form. The application must demonstrate why there is a need and how the recipients(s) or community will benefit. After the project has been completed we will require a report describing the impact and success of the project.
Every application will be assessed to ensure that there is a definite benefit and positive impact.
Mail email@example.com for details.
In 2019 we supported Children in Bangkok
In 2019 we were pleased to support a group of children in Bangkok with a reading and writing foundation course. This 90 hour course was specially designed by the DOS at IH Bangkok.
All the students started as non-readers, not aware of the phonetic sounds of the English alphabet. In four carefully designed stages, the course took them through familiarity with the short vowel sounds in high frequency words to blending the sounds of consonants.
It was a great success!
In 2019 we supported courses for displaced persons in Ukraine
The Foundation supported language classes for people who had been displaced because of the 2014 war in Ukraine.
With support from the foundation, IH Kharkiv was able to offer 5 more students free courses in their school. This is an ongoing charitable activity for IH Kharkiv, and they have in total supported about 50 students since 2014.