LSI Portsmouth - IH Portsmouth was founded in 1985 and it has now grown to be one of the best English language schools in the country (According to the EL Gazette rankings based on British Council inspectors’ publishable statements)
LSI Portsmouth - IH Portsmouth offers courses in IELTS, Cambridge, General English, 30+ General and Business English, University Preparation and English for Professional Communication. As well as being an IELTS test centre, LSI Portsmouth now offers the OET medical English exam and has recently introduced intensive OET preparation courses to its portfolio.
Courses are also available live and online:
* Same IH Portsmouth quality - from the comfort of your home
* Maximum 8 students in class
* General English, Exam Preparation and Professional English; Teacher Training in closed groups
* Light or Intensive options to cater for different time zones
* Platform - Zoom
* Online social programme - free!
* Weekly 1:1 tutorial with teacher
* On-hand IT support
* Dedicated welfare officer
* Same highly-qualified team of teachers
* Weekly teacher meetings and info exchange
* Ongoing Teacher Development seminars
* Interactive lessons with plenty of opportunity to speak; extensive and real-time feedback from teacher
* Same international environment with intercultural exchange
The live online social programme includes: Yoga classes, art classes, dance classes, virtual safari, cake baking and lots more!
You can watch this video about studying online with IH Portsmouth https://www.lsi-portsmouth.co.uk/what-is-different-between-studying-english-online-or-in-classroom/
The school has 55 classrooms and a capacity of 300+ students. Students and staff alike comment on the uniquely welcoming environment that makes LSI Portsmouth – IH Portsmouth a wonderful place to study and work.
Our priority is always taking care of our students and staff. That has never been more true than now. While the impact of coronavirus means that coming into classes is not advisable or not possible, we are still here for you. Our classes are still running online, and we are keeping as much normality as we can. Our teachers and staff are here to support you as far as possible. From online classes, to activities to complete at home and technical advice, we are doing what we can to keep you on track on your course.
- Online Classes
- 40+ or 50+ Courses
- Internship Programmes
- Cambridge, IELTS or other Exam Preparation Courses
- CLIL Methodology Courses
- Social Programme
- Welfare Support
- For other services please see school website
- Student Residence
- Hotel or Apartment
Located in the centre of Portsmouth, the UK’s only island city, LSI students can choose to enjoy the delights of a vibrant university town, or take advantage of the coastal location and relax by the sea or in one of the city’s many parks. With its rich cultural and historical heritage, Portsmouth has something for everyone from the world famous Historic Dockyard to the designer outlet shops at Gunwharf Quays. Staff at LSI Portsmouth often take part in the social programme and are always keen to share their favourite local haunts with students. The school itself is located in the middle of the university district, providing students with plenty of opportunities to participate in local life at the university gym, library and social spaces.
To contact IH Portsmouth please complete the form below: