International House World Organisation is known for its excellent teaching standards and quality commitment to all students in IH schools around the world.
When affiliating to IHWO, International House schools commit to meeting detailed quality charters that they are inspected against regularly. This means creating interactive and engaging lessons that help students progress and communicate and offering opportunities for teacher training and professional development.
Now International House has committed to offering the same high quality online.
In 2017, IHWO launched the IH Client and IH Staff Promise to give students an easily referenced overview of IH schools’ commitment to quality and how this will help them progress and achieve their language learning goals.
We are now bringing the same commitment to quality to our online classes with the IH Online Promise. The Online Promise outlines what IH schools are already doing – and will continue to do – to give their students a successful, engaging and enjoyable online experience.
A positive and effective online learning experience involves more than getting on Zoom. Much like face-to-face lessons, a lot of work happens outside the virtual classroom to ensure students can learn effectively online and that the same IH quality is delivered virtually.
Our teachers’ expertise and our academic standards are also an essential component to delivering live, interactive lessons where students get to speak, practice lesson points, communicate in groups, and take part in activities.
In the past 3 months International House World Organisation, a global membership network of 150 schools in 52 countries, has been actively supporting our schools in achieving online quality through regular training, innovation sharing and online ‘health check’ guidelines. IH schools have been working together, collaborating on social events for students and sharing best practice. As a global community our shared expertise means we can deliver the best for our students.
"When choosing an online language course, students want to know that they will really learn and progress, and that they will get to speak and practice their language skills. Our new IH Online Promise outlines clearly all the important work IH schools do to ensure that IH students can achieve their language learning goals and have an enjoyable, interactive online class experience," said Lucy Horsefield, Managing Director of International House World Organisation.
How are International House schools bringing the same high quality standards to online language learning through the IH Online Promise?
IH Online Promise
All IH schools share a quality commitment to our clients, our staff and our planet. Realise your aspirations and open new horizons by learning with International House in an interactive, online school environment.
We want you to have a successful, engaging and enjoyable online experience. This is our online promise to you. Our online courses are specially designed for the online environment so that you can learn efficiently and enjoyably. We have a whole school behind the scenes to support your learning.
- Before you enrol, we will listen to your needs and test your language level, only then will we recommend the best course for you.
- You will receive clear information about what the course involves, how much study time there is, and how you can get help from your teacher and the school administrative staff.
- Your teachers will be qualified and they will all have received training in how to teach online. International House classes are regularly observed by academic managers to ensure the best possible learning experience and lessons are designed to be interactive and practical.
- Skilled educational managers design and monitor online courses to ensure effective learning takes place, the course content is up to date and teachers are using the latest techniques.
- We will provide you with clear information about the technology we will be using, the equipment you will need and guidance to support your online experience.
- When you are learning with International House online, we will regularly check your progress, and we will give you help in how best to improve.
- We will always welcome your feedback.
You can trust International House because all IH schools are regularly inspected, both face to face and online to ensure we always deliver a high quality service.
Access the IH Online Promise PDF here.