- Start Date: ASAP
- Duration or End Date: contract ends on 21st June 2019, renewable for following year(s)
Salary: Minimum salary 1, 050 Euros net (+ end of contract bonus of approx. one month's salary). Increments for experience in a relevant context and/or with an IH school.
Essential role requirements
- You must have a CELTA, Trinity TESOL, or equivalent initial teaching qualification
- The role is open only to those with the right to work in the EU.
As an EFL TEACHER (Young Learners) you will plan and deliver effective English lessons to a range of students (mainly aged between 6 and 18, although there may be some preschool classes) both on the school premises and in local state schools. Average teaching hours per week are 24 hours and an additional three hours per week are dedicated to professional development and meetings.
As much of the teaching involves external (off-site) courses, this role does require a certain amount of flexibility and cultural sensitivity, so the ability to deal with changes and diversity in a positive manner is essential for this role. Where offsite courses are not within reasonable walking distance (15 mins) of the school, teachers are accompanied from, and back to, school by car. Travelling time is counted as working hours.
- Flights: Flight costs of up to 200 Euros are refunded for the flight back to country of origin at the end of the contract
- Accommodation: Accommodation is found within walking distance of the school and city centre at a reasonable price (250-400 Euros p.c.m + bills)
- Holiday: Holiday pay of 20 days per annum, pro-rata
About the school and City
Reggio is right on the toe of Italy, just across from Sicily, and its museum is home to the world-famous Bronzi di Riace two full-size, Greek, bronze statues dating back to 460 BC. Reggio has a Mediterranean climate and the temperature rarely drops below 10 degrees. With its proximity to the Aspromonte mountain range, and in particular Gambarie, you can easily visit the mountains and the sea in the same day. Like most places in Italy, the food is great and the restaurants in Calabria are especially renowned for their abundant portions and never-ending antipasti!
The school has been up and running for over 50 years and is a member of IH and AISLI, as well as a Cambridge Assessment English Platinum Centre. We are constantly seeking to improve and our aim is for everyone within the organisation to be learning and developing. We put the student at the heart of everything we do.
Working with us provides the opportunity to:
* Gain experience with a variety of class types and sizes (depending on experience and
* Work in a friendly but professional environment where there is a variety of class types and
ages to help you broaden your experience.
* Learn from friendly, motivated peers (there is a full-time teaching staff of 20, including
Senior Teachers, a Young Learner Coordinator, and two Director of Studies), whose experience is wide and varied.
* Develop through regular observations, appraisals, and professional development sessions. (On
our Facebook page you can find details of our most recent training sessions with leading names
in ELT such as Adrian Underhill and Jon Hird and we were also delighted to be the hosts of the
IH YL Conference March 2018)
* Become a Cambridge ESOL Speaking Examiner (dependent upon experience).
* Access a wealth of resources, including Interactive Whiteboards, designated YL rooms, Computer rooms, data projectors, and an up-to-date and well-stocked library. Laptops and audio equipment are also loaned to each teacher for the duration of the contract.
* Settle into the school and the city by attending a fully-paid induction period and free, weekly
Italian lessons (held on the school premises with a qualified teacher)
* In the event of the contract being renewed for the following year, there is the possibility to
attend the IH Certificate in teaching Young Learners and Teenagers or another teaching qualification/course.
Take a look at the school page here.