- Start Date: ASAP
- Duration or End Date: 10 months
Salary: €1450.00 net
Essential role requirements
- You must have a CELTA, Trinity TESOL, or equivalent initial teaching qualification
- The role is open only to those with the right to work in the EU.
- You must have a driving licence
- You must have a YL qualification
- Italian speaker
Your salary would be on average €1200 NET per month. The working week is Monday - Saturday. You will also receive a Christmas bonus pay check and then an extra pay check at the end of your contract. With these payments in mind, the monthly salary would be €1,450 NET as an average, just organised differently.
Your contract would be a 40-hour week, which will be a balance of teaching and teacher support. Teachers are expected to teach an average of 25 hours a week but your teaching load will be managed so that you can teach and also provide support etc. to the other teachers.
You are entitled to 20 days of holiday during your contract. Holidays can be requested using the appropriate form and unpaid leave can be requested and then agreed at the discretion of the academic management.
The YL Senior Teacher position would generally entail a mixture of teaching and the academic support of teachers that teach Young Learner courses:
Reports to: Academic Manager, DOS
· To assist and deliver induction for new teachers,
· To attend weekly teacher training sessions and deliver sessions when appropriate,
· To ensure quality control through observation and monitoring of kids teachers,
· Mentor and support teachers teaching young learners (especially at offsite schools),
· To liaise with parents where necessary,
· To liaise and work closely with Director of Studies in San Donato (Kate Knight) and Milan (Sonya Punch),
· To plan and execute parents evenings,
· To teach English including preparation, correction and research,
· To present the company in a professional manner,
· Help set up and manage the summer camps,
· Conduct monthly one to one meetings with allocated teachers
You must have a CELTA, Trinity TESOL, or equivalent initial teaching qualification.
You must have the right to work in the EU.
- Experience in teaching in state schools. Must speak Italian.
- IH CYLT certificate or considerable experience teaching Young Learners
- Holiday: 20 days
About the school and City
IH Milan & San Donato is one of the flagship IH Schools. You will be living and working in Milan - a dream job if ever there was.
Take a look at the school page here.