- Start Date: 24/09/2019
- Duration or End Date: 10/06/2020 (with the possibility to renew for 2020-2021))
Salary: Teachers on fixed contracts; 3800-4400; Self-employed teachers 50-65 PLN/hour; dependent on experience and qualifications
Essential role requirements
The role is open only to those with the right to work in the EU or a valid USA Passport.
You must have a CELTA, Trinity TESOL, or equivalent initial teaching qualification
You must have a degree (e.g. BA, BSc)
You must have a YL qualification
We are looking for one enthusiastic and passionate YL Coordinator to join our dedicated team at International House Bielsko in the period of 24.09.2019 – 10.06.2020.
* Work Mon-Fri!
* Teach a variety of levels and age groups
* Grow professionally
* Competitive salary + extra bonuses
* Professional EFL development opportunities - IH world certified
* Personal gratification and job satisfaction
* Unique location: explore the Beskid mountains in your free time!
EU & USA passports holders ONLY!
What does the job entail?
The YL Coordinator is responsible for delivering high-quality English lessons and providing day-to-day teacher support for other YL teachers. Your key responsibilities will include:
• 16 hrs of teaching a week
• Providing day-to-day teacher support and observation of YL classes
• Running input sessions on YL related areas
• Coordinating the development of resources for younger learners classes and maintaining them
• Liaising with parents over YL class issues when needed
• Creating/updating YL tests and curricula
• Assisting administration with the organisation of Parents’ Days and attendance at such
• Running State School Demonstration lessons
• Maintaining the school’s discipline procedure, homework policy, absenteeism policy, overseeing the school’s reward system and advising coursebooks
• Planning and running Kids’ Clubs and Teens’ Clubs
What are the working hours?
You’ll be contracted for 16 (+admin time) clock hours a week with most classes taking place in the afternoon / evening however split shifts may happen (max. 2 a week) and some 1-2-1 classes may be scheduled throughout the day.
Why choose us?
* Competitive teaching salary
* Free weekends
* Great social events to take part in (including a fun sleigh ride!)
* Opportunities for regular in-house training and professional development
* Satisfying job and great teacher support
* Great place to visit and experience in East Europe
Qualifications and requirements:
- CELTA or an equivalent qualification
- CELTYL/-P/-S or IH CYLT
- Experience in teaching English as a second language to young learners in an approved environment
- A clear and accurate model of English (C2, full mastery of English across all 4 skills)
- experience in providing support and training to teachers of younger learner classes
- Due to visa and work permit requirements, we are only able to consider EU & USA passport holders.
Enthusiasm, a sense of humour and flexibility are also essential for this pivotal post. Additionally, you will have very good people, management and organisational skills, be able to make on the spot decisions, be approachable and willing to do what it takes to get the job done.
Salary and Benefits:
EU TEACHERS ON FIXED CONTRACTS:
* Competitive salary of 3800-4400 PLN (Polish Zloty) dependent on experience and qualifications
- 100 PLN for updating the Online Register
- 100 PLN for teachers holding CELTYL, IHCYLT or CELT-P/-S qualifications
*Additional payment for running the school’s social events
* 20 working days of paid holiday for a full academic year including a Christmas break, a winter break in Jan/Feb, an Easter break and a long weekend in May
* flight or travel assistance of 300 PLN to help with relocation
* Ski pass valued at 400 PLN for a full academic year
* FREE: the opportunity to participate in the IH Language Awareness Course in 2019-2020. Free IH online and in-house training is available all year round.
* FREE: 10 survival Polish lessons (for teachers on full academic year contracts) .
* 50 – 65 PLN per hour (dependent on experience; + admin time)
* Additional payment for updating the Online Register
*Additional payment for running the school’s social events
* Flight or travel assistance of 600 PLN for teachers traveling form the USA to help with relocation.
* FREE: the opportunity to participate in the IH Language Awareness Course in 2019-2020 as well as our in-house course on phonics.
*FREE: IH online and in-house training is available all year round.
*FREE: 10 survival Polish lessons (for teachers on full academic year contracts) .
- Flights: Flights: Flight or travel assistance of 300 PLN (for EU teachers) / 600 PLN (for teachers travelling from the USA) to help with relocation
- Accommodation: The school helps find accommodation.
- Holiday: (dependent on the contract): 20 working days of paid holiday for a full academic year including a Christmas break, a winter break in Jan/Feb, an Easter break and a long weekend in May
About the school and City
Welcome to International House Bielsko-Biala!
We are a long established and successful language school, based in Bielsko-Biala’s city centre and located, amidst the backdrop of a beautiful mountainous region, offering teachers travelling abroad, a unique experience!
To begin with, who are we?
Put simply, we are a high-quality language school catering for eager to learn students of all ages.
Do teachers get the support and assistance they need?
The quality of education a student receives is determined by the quality of the teacher so we are dedicated to you! We will strongly support you in all means possible. Some examples of these are regular training sessions, an orientation and induction week (prior to starting work), meetings, peer knowledge sharing and observations, quality resources such as laminated flashcards, a library of methodology books, music, art supplies, sporting equipment, toys and computer and office equipment, just to name a few.
What about the school’s history?
International House Bielsko-Biala has been successfully running since 1993 and is an authorized Cambridge English Examination Centre since 2003. First Steps (Nursery and Kindergarten) and Primary Steps (Primary School) are part of our community since the 2000s. All 3 of our schools have a solid reputation in our local community for the great care we offer our students, families and teachers alike.
Why would a teacher want to live and teach in Bielsko-Biala?
We are located in the state of Silesia in the southern part of Poland. This is a great place to live because it has a lot to offer the modern day intrepid explorer, traveller or local resident -
* Enjoy rich natural beauty? - Miles and miles of wilderness pathways to enjoy on your own or with friends as we are situated at the foot of the Beskid Slaski and the Beskid Maly mountains. We’re also a stone’s throw from Goczalkowice-Zdroj and Zywiec which are famous for their beautiful lakes.
* Love hiking? - Endless mountain walking trails and enchanting mountain refugees for overnight stays
* Ever skied or snowboarded? - Try our lower slopes or take a cable car to a higher point, only a 10 minute bus ride from the city centre and Let loose on one of Poland’s most renowned ski resorts, Szczyrk, only a 30 minute bus ride from the city centre.
* Looking for more? - We have something for everyone! Modern and large fitness centres and gyms, tennis, horse riding, pubs and night clubs, cinemas, clean and modern swimming pools, bowling, go-karting, mountain biking trails, ice-skiing, rollerblading, indoor wall climbing and jump parks, supermarkets and shopping malls, international cuisine, dancing centres, pottery workshops etc.
* Fancy visiting Slovakia or the Czech Republic? - Jump on a bus or train and you won’t be disappointed, only a 30-60 minute bus or train ride from the city centre. How about Prague, Vienna or Bratislavia - only 3-4 hrs by train or bus!
* Interested in historical architecture? - Wander around the city and admire our Art Nouveau, castle and old city area, we are known as “Little Vienna”.
* World War History Buff? - Visit the infamous Auschwitz-Birkenau Nazi concentration camp for the day, only 30 km from the city or explore Krakow’s Schindler Factory
* Like eating and shopping? - Visit our 4 large shopping centres or roam amongst our quaint boutiques and hidden cellar bars and cafes throughout the city’s squares and cobblestoned alleyways. Indulge in our delicious local food (oscypek, kwasnica or oblaty).
* How about some large urban exploration? - Regular and daily buses, coaches & trains to Katowice (50 minutes), Krakow (90 minutes), Wroclaw (3 hours), Warsaw (4 hours), Gdansk (7 hours but well worth the journey time) and inhale the secret health benefits of the iodine saturated air or find some treasure (amber) on the Baltic seaside only 8 hours away
* Wish to fly home for a break? - The 2 closest airports Katowice-Pyrzowice (Domestic & European cities) and Krakow (Domestic, European & America), are only 80kms away