- Start Date: 28th August 2019
- Duration or End Date: One academic year (10 months), with the hope you’ll renew in 2020
Salary: For a teacher working on average 26 45-minute teaching units per week, 22000 – 26000 CZK per month, before compulsory deductions of around 4600 a month.
Essential role requirements
The role is open only to those with the right to work in the EU.
Full mastery of English across all 4 skills to CEFR C2/IELTS band 9 required for this post.
- You must have a CELTA, Trinity TESOL, or equivalent initial teaching qualification
Whether you’re an experienced teacher or looking for your first ELT teaching job, we want to hear from you!
We are looking for enthusiastic English teachers to teach on our expanding YL courses and join our dedicated team. Your timetable will consist of up to 80% young learners and teenagers with a combination of
• Kindergarten teaching as part of our well-established pre-school programme (5-6 year olds)
• Teaching at various primary and secondary schools (6-16 year olds)
• Teaching YLs and teens in the school’s afternoon classes (5-16 year olds)
The remaining part of the timetable will be made up of adult classes. Our teachers teach all kinds of adult classes including
• In-school courses across all CEFR levels, covering general, business and exam preparation (mainly Cambridge exams but also IELTS)
• In-company courses at various locations all over Prague, covering all types of English depending on the needs of our clients
• One-to-one teaching.
A typical timetable consists of 26 45-minute units per week, although this is flexible. Most teaching is Monday to Friday, with occasional Saturday teaching.
We also offer opportunities for involvement in teacher training, e-learning and various other projects. As you can see, there’s a lot going on at AKCENT IH Prague so this post is ideal for somebody wanting to experience all types of teaching and you can do so alongside a supportive team of experienced teachers. The ideal candidate will have at least one year’s experience, but we are also very interested in hearing from keen newly qualified teachers. We have regular, and hugely valuable, teacher training workshops delivered by our teachers, senior teachers and teacher trainers; AKCENT is a place where you can truly develop as a teacher.
Other benefits include:
Free weekly Czech lessons
Discounts on various courses e.g. IHCYLT (up to 90%)
Asssistance with obtaining the business licence
- Flights: Reimbursement up to 5,000 CZK for an EU citizen and up to 7,000 for non-EU citizen towards travel costs (with receipt). (This is only for contracts longer than 6 months).
- Accommodation: Accommodation is provided in shared flats. Each teacher has their own room with the amenities being shared. The rent is approx 8,000 CZK (incl. all utility bills).
- Holiday: The holiday pay is included in the hourly rate.
About the school and City
Prague is undoubtedly one of the most beautiful cities in Europe, and with its different districts and a calendar full of happenings, Prague has something for everyone. The Old Town’s cobbled streets and colourful facades transport you back in time, and there’s plenty to explore both in the city and all over the Czech Republic. The standard of living is high and Prague’s low prices (not just for beer!) mean everyone can get stuck in to experiencing the city.
The school is located a ten-minute metro journey from the heart of the city in a residential area of Prague 4. It is surrounded by a large garden with trees, benches and red squirrels. Our other building is next-door which houses a library and café. AKCENT IH Prague is large and vibrant school with about 50 English teachers, its own teacher training department, and teachers of other languages. Working within this long established and supportive team will provide a great boost to your career.
AKCENT IH Prague is a great school, in a fantastic city. Come and join us!
Take a look at the school page here.