- Start Date: September 2018
- Duration or End Date: 1 year contract
Salary: 47,500 THB per month + end of contract bonus of between 20,000 and 30,000 baht. The salary is paid each month into a Thai bank account after income tax deductions (around 1000 baht)
Essential role requirements
- You must have a CELTA, Trinity TESOL, or equivalent initial teaching qualification
- You must have a degree (e.g. BA, BSc)
You must have a minimum of 3 years post-CELTA experience
IH Bangkok is looking for an enthusiastic Senior Teacher (preferably September 2018 start) who is committed to professional development. You will be teaching a wide range of learners from very young learners aged 6-7 to teens and adults. You will also be assisting the Director of Studies in supporting and motivating a team of around 10 teachers, most of whom are in their first year of teaching.
Our classes are generally 60 to 120 minutes and vary from one-to-ones to small private classes and larger general English classes of no more than 12 students. Our students generally comprise of Thais studying once or twice a week and intensive English courses for international students studying between 15 and 25 hours a week.
Teaching responsibilties include:
· Teaching and planning for classes and private students.
· materials preparation as part of lesson planning.
· attending a weekly meeting and bi monthly INSET training workshops.
· ongoing assessment of students through report writing.
Senior Teacher responsibilities include:
- Scheduling of new students and managing time table changes on a regular/daily basis.
- Giving reception schedules for who will be teaching Study Holiday morning and afternoon classes, as well as business courses when they are planning future month’s timetables.
- Assisting other teachers, in particular new teachers with lesson plans and ensuring a high standard of teaching is maintained.
- Maintenance of teaching resources on the intranet and physical teacher files and in the Teacher Room.
- School processes inductions for new teachers, including student interview tutorials.
- Scheduling of Quarterly Teachers’ Clinics and Lesson Observations.
Classes and Students
- Providing course outlines and report templates for general English and business courses.
- Liaising with the marketing manager and/or admin to update teachers with new student bookings or departures.
- Scheduling and chairing of weekly teacher meetings.
- Liaising with the Head of Reception to ensure good communications and relations between teachers and receptionists are kept.
The idea candidate will have:
- A positive and proactive attitude
- Minimum 3 years post-CELTA experience
- Experience with students of all ages
- A good working knowledge of international English examinations such as IELTS and TOEFL
- The ability to lead, inspire and motivate staff
- The ability to cope with a wide range of teacher and student problems and to work under pressure
- The ability to work as a team and communicate effectively
- Flexibility to adapt when needs arise
- A keen interest in professional development
IH Bangkok development opportunities:
On successful completion of a one-year contract as Senior Teacher, there is the opportunity for Delta sponsorship at the school. This is dependent on:
- the Senior Teacher’s performance during their 1st year contract.
- the Senior Teacher signing a 2 year contract for their 2nd contract.
- Accommodation: We have a trusted agent that can assist with all accommodation needs.
- Visa: 1 year visa and work permit provided
- Health Insurance: All teachers are fully covered by inpatient health insurance.
About the school and City
We offer a comprehensive training programme which includes regular observations by senior staff, training sessions, and constant support and guidance. We have an extensive resource library and 15 brand new classrooms fully equipped with computers, audio and projectors. Our teachers’ room is spacious with personal desks and laptop computers for every teacher.
Bangkok is an exciting place to live and work. It’s perfectly located in Asia, with other fascinating countries only a short flight away. Bangkok is also a top destination for teaching English, thanks to Thailand’s reputation for extending a warm, friendly welcome to visitors. Bangkok offers visitors a fascinating blend of the exotic east meeting the modern west - bright new shopping malls and skyscrapers stand next to open air markets and ancient temples. There is so much to see and do here you are unlikely to get bored!
Take a look at the school page here.