- Start Date: ASAP
- Duration or End Date: To be confirmed
Salary: To be discussed at interview
Essential role requirements
- You must have a CELTA, Trinity TESOL, or equivalent initial teaching qualification
- The role is open only to those with the right to work in the EU.
Part-time Teacher of general and business English to adults (4 - 10 hours per week)
We are looking for an enthusiastic, responsible teacher with a proven track record in teaching adults, one-to-one, company classes and business English. Lessons will be based in clients’ companies in central Lisbon. As this is a part-time position, candidates must already be based in or near Lisbon.
The ideal candidate will have:
• the ability to inspire, manage and motivate students;
• the ability to work well in a team and show initiative;
• a proactive and positive attitude to teaching, students and colleagues;
• the ability to communicate effectively and efficiently;
• an understanding of clients’ needs and expectations;
• good administrative skills (eg keeping records, writing reports);
• at least one years’ teaching experience.
- Holiday: Pro rata
About the school and City
IH Torres Vedras was founded in 1990 and currently has 520+ students. We have five full-time teachers, three part-time teachers, an Outside Courses Coordinator and Director of Studies, as well as Director and admin staff. The school is located close to the centre of Torres Vedras in modern and purpose-designed premises. It is extremely well resourced with an extensive and up-to-date library of coursebooks and supplementary materials relevant to adult and business classes. Company and 1:1 teachers are given support in course design and planning of lessons by our Outside Courses Coordinator and Director of Studies. Our Continual Professional Development (CPD) programme consists of in-house seminars given by our Academic Management team. There is the opportunity for teachers to observe more experienced teachers and team-teach.
Take a look at the school page here.