- Start Date: 02/09/2018
- Duration: 10 months
- Salary: €1100 net a month, plus health insurance, pension scheme, paid holidays.
Essential role requirements:
- You must have a CELTA, Trinity TESOL, or equivalent initial teaching qualification
- You must have Jolly Phonics experience.
- You must have a driving licence
- The role is open only to those with the right to work in the EU.
International House Team Lingue Merate | Como | Lecco is seeking an experienced English teacher.
We require candidates:
- to have a valid, clean, European driving license.
- language level C2.
- to teach a range of courses to include all ages, levels and course types: General language, Business, ESP, CLIL,YLEs, blended courses, Skype sessions, company courses, social activities, teacher training.
- to be available for training opportunities, to network with teachers who share the same values and teaching quality standards.
- to keep up-to date with what is happening at IH Team Lingue Merate and Como through staff meetings, our website, Facebook page, newsletters, emails and WhatsApp group.
- to teach courses on and off-site to travel where required.
- to familiarize themselves with CEFR levels is essential.
- Official training in Jolly Phonics is a requirement for teachers applying to teach in the Como branch.
As an accredited member of International House and AISLi, our school can offer teacher training for Italian State school employees.
Full-time teaching positions at IH Team Lingue involve:
- lessons between the hours of approx. 8am – 10pm Monday to Friday. Saturdays usually only half a day.
- course administration - e.g. report writing, correcting tests and writing assignments and completing registers – is a teacher’s responsibility and needs to be completed on time. Deadlines need to be respected.
- teachers are also responsible for non-teaching activities – e.g. liaise with team teachers, mentor new teachers, look after the course book library, plan summer camp activities and special courses, attend school events
Driving to off-site locations (within about 30' drive from school - especially satet schools) is an essential part of the job.
- a supportive and cooperative atmosphere working with a team of enthusiastic and professional staff.
- constant support from experienced academic staff (DoS, ADoS, Senior Teachers, Course Coordinators)
- training - e.g. workshops, in-house training, peer-to-peer, access to IH and AISLI networks and resources
- a minimum of 2 observations a year, followed by a feedback session (from inspections, DoS, ADoS, Sr teachers, peer-to-peer)
- help finding accommodation and dealing with Italian bureaucracy, if necessary.
- a recognized, legal contract.
The above information will be recorded in a teacher portfolio by the DoS, which includes notes on observations, notes on meetings, appraisals, tasks assigned, projects, attendance at meetings, development sessions and events; feedback from students; any other relevant information regarding teaching performance and development.
Come work for us, you'll find a really friendly atmosphere and just a QUICK drive to the mountains, lakes and Milan!
Work site can be either in Merate, Lecco or Como.
About the school and the City:
Our school has 2 centres, one in the centre of Como and headquarters in Merate, a lovely little town in the Province of Lecco, where the Como Lake branches out into Lecco Lake. Merate is quiet, very near the mountains, yet just about 25 km from Milan, Como, Lecco and Monza.
Take a look at the school page here.