- Start Date: Recruiting all year
- Duration or End Date: Full-time, initial 2-year contract
Salary: US$960-1400 dependent on qualifications and previous experience
Essential role requirements
- You must have a CELTA, Trinity TESOL, or equivalent initial teaching qualification
- You must have a degree (e.g. BA, BSc)
Growing language school looking for qualified, experienced EFL teachers for general English, exam preparation, Young Learners/Teens, one-to-one and in-house teaching. Competitive salary, friendly staffroom, supportive environment with CPD a real priority. Opportunities for gaining valuable experience in different teaching contexts.
NB IH Guayaquil is committed to looking after the welfare of its staff and students, and expects all employees to share this commitment. By applying for this job you confirm that you are of suitable character, safe to work with children and young people, and have no relevant criminal convictions.
- Flights: Not initially - but there is a $1000 bonus for candidates who successfully complete their initial 2-year contract.
- Accommodation: $150 stipend to help towards initial accommodation
- Visa: Free work visa upon completion of one-month probtion period. Candidates will need to bring with them an apostille-d recent police check
- Holiday: 20 days per annum. 10 must be taken over Xmas and New Year when the school closes.
About the school and City
IH Guayaquil affiliated to IH World Organisation of language schools in 2014, and is the authorized Cambridge Assessment English centre covering the coastal region of Ecuador. We offer a residential CELTA course at our sister-centre IH Montañita, as well as TKT preparation courses and Cambridge CELT-Primary and CELT-Secondary courses - real opportunities for DELTA-qualified / experienced teachers to move into teacher training and/or oral examining (minimum two-year commitment required).
Guayaquil is a thriving, bustling port city just an hour and a half away from Pacific beaches and 3 hours from the Andes. Friendly people, parrots, hummingbirds, iguanas, lots of green plantains, a bit of chaos...a great place to experience Latin American culture!
Take a look at the school page here.