- Start Date: July August 2019
- Duration: 4, 6 or 8 week positions available, or flexible for the right candidate
Salary: Competitive rates, to be discussed at interview
Essential role requirements
The role is open only to those with the right to work in the EU.
- You must have a CELTA, Trinity TESOL, or equivalent initial teaching qualification
- You must have a degree (e.g. BA, BSc)
IH Manchester is looking to appoint an enthusiastic English Language Teacher for the summer period, with the possibility of continued employment for suitable candidates.
Principal duties and responsibilities:
- To teach 15, 20 or 25 hours per week of General English and/or IELTS preparation classes.
- To prepare lessons, student reports, weekly schemes of work, attend weekly lesson planning meetings and complete any administration tasks related to teaching assignments given, for example, maintaining accurate attendance records.
- To attend staff meetings or observation feedback sessions as required by your line manager. To attend the regular training sessions delivered in house or any external training arranged by agreement.
- To work with the IH Manchester team to provide feedback, ensure student/customer satisfaction and constantly improve the school and services provided.
Additional earning potential supervising social activities: mid-week £40, full day Saturdays £70/£90.
Child Safeguarding information:
The successful candidate will need an enhanced check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS), as well as providing references from past employers that can be followed up, an overseas criminal records check if appropriate, and to undergo relevant child protection training. Being on the DBS Update service is a distinct advantage.
About the school and City
IH Manchester is located right in the heart of our vibrant multicultural city, just a few minutes' walk from Piccadilly Gardens and the main transport hubs. Offering part-time and intensive courses in General English, IELTS preparation and Business English, we welcome students from all over the world, helping them to improve their language skills in a friendly, supportive environment. As well as classes, we organise social activities each week so that students can explore the local area, get to know each other better and practise their English in the real world.
There is a focus on continuing professional development for teaching staff, with regular in-house training sessions, pop-in observations, formal observations and peer observations, as well as access to external events. The opportunity to work with students from such a wide range of backgrounds within a passionate team of teachers and academic managers makes IH Manchester the ideal place to develop your teaching skills and advance your career
Take a look at the school page here.