Essential role requirements
- You must have a CELTA, Trinity TESOL, or equivalent initial teaching qualification
- You must have a degree (e.g. BA, BSc)
Experience working in a fascinating country with a unique cultural combination of old and new, traditional and modern. Apollo is currently looking for energetic, creative and dedicated teachers to join our teams.
Our teaching staff at Apollo is an experienced and supportive group and we are looking for other qualified and dedicated ESL professionals to join this dynamic team and help to deliver quality education to Vietnamese young learners.
Details of Position
We are looking for full time and part time teachers.
Experience working in a fascinating country with a unique cultural combination of old and new, traditional and modern. Apollo is currently looking for energetic, creative and dedicated teachers to join our teams. There are a excellent professional development and career opportunities available with Apollo, where we are committed to our slogan, 'where the best become better' for both our staff and students. You will have access to excellent facilities and be working with a brand new series of courseware and other learning resources provided by National Geographic learning.
We have 22 years of experience teaching English in Vietnam and currently operate more than 20 training centres nationwide.
At Apollo you can expect:
- A commitment to ongoing professional development and high-quality teaching standards
- A wide range of resources and modern facilities
- A variety of courses and learners
- Academic and personal support from a dedicated team
- Opportunities for career development
- Planning communicative, student-centred and participative lessons while following a designated syllabus
- Participating in professional development activities. These include training sessions, peer observations and developmental observations led by senior academic team members
- Teaching across our range of levels, ages, and courses
- Administering and marking course tests
- Writing student reports
- Conducting placement testing
- Teaching off-site classes, as required
Average teaching hours: normally scheduled at 18-25 hours per week. Classes run from 7:30am to 10:00pm Monday through Friday; 7:45 am to 8:15pm on Saturday and Sunday. Split shifts are sometimes inevitable, though they are avoided where possible. Whenever possible, teachers are scheduled two consecutive days off.
Essential requirements for all teaching positions:
- CELTA / Trinity TESOL or equivalent (100% online TEFL certificates will not be accepted)
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher
- Full mastery of English
- A willingness to teach across our full range of classes
- Clean criminal record check (with validity within 6 months)
- Adaptability, flexibility, and cultural sensitivity
- 4 months’ validity on passport
- Experience of teaching young learners desirable
Salary and Benefits
- Competitive salary with performance based contract completion bonus
- Overtime payment
- Relocation bonus, company health insurance scheme, visa and work permit costs covered by Apollo
- Fully paid leave: 15 days of annual leave and up to 11 days of public holidays (applying to one year contracts)
- Salary and benefits paid in Vietnamese Dong. Tax is payable on a progressive scale and averages around 11-12% for a typical full-time teacher
- Accommodation: Hotel on arrival for overseas teachers
- Visa: Arrival visa reimbursement
About the school and City
We have 22 years experience in Vietnam and are nationally recognised as a leading name in English language training. With an increasing number of schools across the country, we offer a range of English courses to Young Learners, Adults and Corporate clients, as well as Cambridge certified teacher training for both expatriate and local teachers.
Apollo Junior specialises in delivering high quality English training to students between the ages of 3 and 17. Our goal is to create a rich learning environment with modern, specialised facilities and teaching focused on meaningful communication.
Take a look at the school page here.