- Start Date: June/July 2019
- Duration or End Date: 1 year contract
Salary: 40,000 - 45,000 THB plus end of contract bonus
Essential role requirements
- You must have a CELTA, Trinity TESOL, or equivalent initial teaching qualification
- You must have a degree (e.g. BA, BSc)
IH Bangkok is looking for enthusiastic EFL teachers who are committed to professional development. You will be teaching a wide range of learners from very young learners aged 6-7 to teens and adults. Our classes are generally 60 to 120 minutes and vary from one-to-ones to small private classes and larger general English classes of no more than 12 students. Our students generally comprise of Thais studying once or twice a week and intensive English courses for international students studying between 15 and 25 hours a week.
We offer a comprehensive training programme which includes regular observations by senior staff, training sessions, and constant support and guidance. We have an extensive resource library and 15 brand new classrooms fully equipped with computers, audio and projectors. Our teachers’ room is spacious with personal desks and laptop computers for every teacher.
· teaching up to 25 contact hours.
· lesson planning.
· materials preparation as part of lesson planning.
· attending a weekly meeting and bi monthly INSET training workshops.
· ongoing assessment of students through report writing.
Gross basic salary: 40,000 – 45,000 Thai baht + end of contract bonus of between 20,000 and 30,000 baht. The salary is paid each month into a Thai bank account after income tax deductions (around 1000 baht). All teachers are fully covered by inpatient health insurance.
IH Bangkok development opportunities:
• In a second year contract:
- incremental experience raise + extra responsibility increment + one of the OTTI (IH Online) courses
• In a third year contract:
- incremental experience raise + IHCYLT
• In a fourth year contract (2 year contract):
- incremental experience raise + Delta
- Visa: The school provides all teachers with a one-year visa and work permit.
About the school and City
Bangkok is an exciting place to live and work. It’s perfectly located in Asia, with other fascinating countries only a short flight away. Bangkok is also a top destination for teaching English, thanks to Thailand’s reputation for extending a warm, friendly welcome to visitors. Bangkok offers visitors a fascinating blend of the exotic east meeting the modern west - bright new shopping malls and skyscrapers stand next to open air markets and ancient temples. There is so much to see and do here you are unlikely to get bored!
Take a look at the school page here.