- Start Date: 3 January 2019 or negotiable
- Duration or End Date: 6 months
Salary: On average 23, 800 -26, 600 CZK per month (before tax and other compulsory deductions)
Essential role requirements
- You must have a CELTA, Trinity TESOL, or equivalent initial teaching qualification
- The role is open only to those with the right to work in the EU.
We are looking for experienced and enthusiastic ELT and YL teachers to teach on our expanding courses and join our dedicated team. Teaching may consist of a combination of :
• Kindergarten/primary school projects, teaching children between the ages of 5 and 9 years.
• Teaching YLs in the school’s general afternoon classes (5-16 year olds)
• Adult English classes
IH Prague is a large and vibrant school, so teachers get to experience a range of teaching from general to business English, YL and adult, 121 and exam classes. We also offer opportunities for involvement in teacher training, e-learning and various other projects. So, this post is ideal for somebody wanting to get a wide range of experience alongside a supportive team of experienced teachers. The ideal candidate will have at least one year’s teaching experience, but we are also interested to hear from keen newly qualified teachers.
The general teaching load is 26 45-minute units per week (although there are some variations to this). To support your teaching there are regular, and hugely valuable, teacher training workshops delivered by our team of senior teachers and teacher trainers.
Teaching is Monday to Friday (with an occasional Saturday), and there may be split shifts, but we guarantee this won’t be more than 4 days a week.
Full mastery of English across all 4 skills to CEFR C2/IELTS band 9 required for this post.
The salary quoted is dependent on qualifications and experience.
- Flights: Reimbursement up to 5,000 CZK for an EU citizen and up to 7,000 for non-EU citizen towards travel costs (with receipt). (This is only for 6 months´ contracts and longer).
- Accommodation: Accommodation is provided in shared flats. Each teacher has their own room with the amenities being shared. The rent is 7,500 CZK per month (incl. all utility bills). • Teachers will benefit from free Czech lessons ( 2 teaching hours per week. Courses started in September
- Holiday: The holiday pay is included in the hourly rate.
About the school and City
IH Prague is a large and vibrant school with about 50 English teachers, its own teacher training department, and teachers of other languages (German, Russian, Italian, Spanish). Working within this long established and supportive team could provide a great boost to your career. It’s also a very interesting multi-cultural staff room, with over 10 nationalities on the teaching staff.
Prague is one of the great Capital cities of Europe. Rather than just visiting why not live here to experience our culture and hospitality.
Take a look at the school page here.