- Start Date: ASAP
- Duration or End Date: 20 June 2020
Salary: Minimum starting salary 1050 EUR net per month + end-of-contract bonus of one month's net salary. Candidates with relevant teaching experience, particularly within the IH network, can expect a higher salary.
Essential role requirements
The role is open only to those with the right to work in the EU.
- You must have a CELTA, Trinity TESOL, or equivalent initial teaching qualification
As an EFL TEACHER (YOUNG LEARNERS) you will plan and deliver effective English lessons to a range of students (mainly aged between 7 and 17) in local state schools and onsite in the school. Average teaching hours per week are 24 contact hours and an additional three hours per week are dedicated to professional development and meetings.
In addition to being a member of IHWO, the school is also an AISLi member and a Cambridge Assessment English Centre which was awarded the prestigious “Platinum” status several years ago. Our teacher training department is constantly expanding and we have been a CELTA centre since June.
Working with us provides the opportunity to:
* Work in a friendly but professional environment where there is a variety of class types and
ages to help you broaden your experience.
* Learn from supportive, motivated peers (there is a full-time teaching staff of 21, including
a 5-person academic management team, whose pedagogical experience is wide and varied)
* Develop through regular observations, appraisals, and professional development sessions. (On
our Facebook page you can find details of our most recent training sessions with leading
names in ELT such as Adrian Underhill. We were also delighted to be the hosts of the
IH YL Conference March 2018)
* Become a Cambridge ESOL Speaking Examiner (dependent upon experience).
* Access a wealth of resources, including Interactive Whiteboards, designated YL rooms,
Computer rooms, data projectors, and an up-to-date and well-stocked library. Laptops and
audio equipment are also loaned to teachers for the duration of the contract.
* Settle into the school and the city by attending a fully-paid induction period and free, weekly
Italian lessons (held on the school premises with a qualified teacher)
* In the event of the contract being renewed for the following year, there is the possibility to
attend the IH Certificate in teaching Young Learners and Teenagers or another relevant ELT
As most of the teaching involves external (off-site) courses, this role does require a certain amount of flexibility and cultural sensitivity, so the ability to deal with changes and diversity in a positive manner is essential for this role. Where offsite courses are not within reasonable walking distance (10-15 mins) of the school, teachers are accompanied from, and back to, school by car. Travelling time is counted as working hours.
- Flights: Flights costs of up to 200 Euros reimbursed for flight back to country of origin at the end of the contract
- Accommodation: Accommodation found within walking distance of the school for 250-400 Euros p.c.m
- Holiday:20 days holiday per annum, pro-rata
About the school and City
Reggio is a warm, friendly, coastal city just in front of Sicily with a centre that is small enough so that everything is within easy walking distance. Depending on the season, there is plenty to do in Reggio and its surroundings: from walking along the beaches and sailing in the sea, to skiing in the nearby mountains and eating in a cosy agriturismo.
The city is also ideally situated for visiting other places in Italy with a small port (ferry to Sicily and the Aeolian Islands), a train station (including a fast-train to Rome), and an airport (flights to Rome and Milan). If you're looking for direct international flights, Catania or Lamezia (roughly 1½ hours away) have different direct connections.
But to find out what our teachers say about the school and the city, watch this video:
And visit the "work with us" section of our website, where you can also apply online:
Take a look at the school page here.