- Start Date: 01/07/2019
- Duration or End Date: 8-10 weeks (negotiable)
Salary: £14.40-£17.25 per hour (depending on qualifications and experience)
Essential role requirements
- You must have a CELTA, Trinity TESOL, or equivalent initial teaching qualification
- The role is open only to those with the right to work in the EU.
You must have at least 2 years’ experience teaching adults
IH Aberdeen is looking for an experienced teacher to fill a position with flexible hours 15-23 hours per week teaching adults GE and Cambridge exam preparation including IELTS. The main responsibilities of the post are to:
• prepare lessons thoroughly, using the school’s weekly lesson plan template
• follow the course syllabus for each class taught
• keep accurate records of work and attendance records
• liaise with fellow teachers to ensure accurate handovers and discuss students’ progress
• collaborate with colleagues and share ideas to maintain high standard of teaching
• set and mark homework assignments
• set, mark and record progress tests, including mid and end-of-term tests
• provide feedback to the ADOS on individual students’ needs and progress
• take part in the social activities programme
• show full respect for the cultures and backgrounds of all students and staff
• attend staff development sessions and staff meetings
• participate in the school’s professional development process
- Accommodation: The school can assist with finding accommodation
About the school and City
We are the only Scottish IH school, based in Aberdeen on the North East coast. Located in the heart of the city, our school is small and friendly with a supportive team. IH Aberdeen scored ten areas of strength in the 2016 British Council inspection putting them number one in Scotland in the language school rankings compiled by the EL Gazette. Known as the Granite City, Aberdeen has a population of 228,000, two fantastic universities and a vibrant international community. There’s always something to do here from markets to touring West End shows. Easily accessible by road, rail and air with the international airport 20 minutes from the centre of the city. The countryside around Aberdeen is perfect to escape to with its rugged coastline, seaside towns and rolling hills, with plenty to do from visiting castles and distilleries to outdoor sports.
Take a look at the school page here.