- Start Date: 27 September 2018
- Duration: 8.5 months
- Salary: 3100 - 4000 PLN/month
Essential role requirements:
- You must have a CELTA, Trinity TESOL, or equivalent initial teaching qualification
- You must have a degree
- You must have one year’s experience of teaching EFL in an approved environment
- You must have experience and/ or interest in teaching young learners
- Full mastery of English across all 4 skills to CEFR C2/IELTS band 9
- Because of visa and work permit requirements, we are only able to consider applications from those with the right to work in the EU or those holding USA passports.
We are looking for 3 flexible and enthusiastic teachers for the 2018-19 school year to teach English to students of a wide range of ages and levels. We are dedicated to the learning of both our students and teaching staff and we offer regular training sessions and on-going support in all areas of teaching. It is a great opportunity for teachers of all levels of experience to develop professionally in a well-established, friendly and supportive school situated in Bielsko-Biala, in the immediate vicinity of the picturesque Beskidy mountains in Southern Poland. The location is ideal for those who wish to travel within Europe.
The school was established in 1993 and has a very solid reputation in the local community. We offer courses of English to adults, teenagers, young and very young learners as well as 1-to-1 and business clients. The school is an authorized Cambridge English and Pearson Examination Centre and specialises in preparation courses for Cambridge Main Suite and Young Learner exams with an impeccable reputation for success. The school also runs a highly successful bilingual kindergarten in a separate building in Bielsko-Biala and a bilingual primary school in the same building.
The working week is from Monday to Friday. The regular amount of teaching is 21 contracted hours per week plus 1.5 h standby. In-school group teaching is mostly from 15.30 to 20.30 while 1-2-1’s and in-company classes may be timetabled in the mornings, afternoons or evenings. The teaching load will include a mixture of levels and age groups including young learners, teenagers and adults, and the timetable may involve split shifts. However, teachers are guarnteed a mininum of 12 hours break between 2 working days. The contract may also include teaching primary school students on-site (45 to 90 mins a day max).
Weekly one hour PD input sessions and teacher meetings are part of the contract. A 3-day induction will be held before commencing teaching to orient teachers to the school.
- YL extension to CELTA , CELT-P/S or IH Certificate in Teaching Young Learners and Teenagers
The salary will be between 3000 PLN and 3900 PLN depending on qualifications and experience, plus:
- 100 PLN monthly bonus for completing an electronic register;
- 100 PLN bonus for YL Extension to CELTA/ IHCYLT/ CELT-P/S qualified teachers.
- 20 working days of paid holidays (including 1,5 week at Christmas, 2 weeks winter break, almost a week for Easter and bridging holidays);
- 10 free survival Polish lessons;
- a free ski pass or cash equivalent of 300 PLN
Self-employed teachers (US and Polish citizens) are paid per hour + bonus for completing an electronic register.
Teachers may be given the chance to do a two-week intensive IHCYLT with the school , which will be free of charge for those who will complete a one year contract.
The school will pay 100% of the cost of emergency consultations with general doctors and specialists, emergency hospital treatment, and treatment for illnesses and injuries which occur in Poland. The school also pays 50% of the cost of prescriptions and emergency dental treatment. (Please note: this does not apply to self-employed teachers)
IH Bielsko-Biala is committed to looking after the welfare of its staff and students, and expects all employees to share this commitment. By applying for this job you confirm that you are of suitable character, safe to work with children and young people, and have no relevant criminal convictions.
About the school and the City:
The school is located in the south of Poland, two hours from Cracow and very close to both Czech and Slovak borders in the picturesque area of the Beskidy Mountains. It is ideal for hiking, mountain cycling and winter sports. The location is also very convenient for those who wish to travel around central Europe - to Prague, Vienna, Budapest or Berlin.
Take a look at the school page here.