- Start Date: 01/09/2019
- Duration or End Date: 20/06/2019
Salary: 20,000+ CZK (approx 800EUR) / month
Essential role requirements
The role is open only to those with the right to work in the EU.
- You must have a CELTA, Trinity TESOL, or equivalent initial teaching qualification
We are looking for enthusiastic and dedicated teachers, whether you are newly qualified or a teacher with some experience, who want to join a school where they will develop and gain experience.
IH Brno is well-known locally, and in the International House network, for its teacher development program. Our teachers have mentors, weekly teacher development sessions, personal development plans and regular peer observations.
You will have around 25 teaching hours of English classes (one teaching hour is 45 minutes) across a variety of contexts and levels both at school and off-site - although Brno is quite compact and travel times are generally no more than 20 minutes from school or home. There is also 2 - 4 hours of development and other duties, such as staff meetings. There is no teaching at weekends.
As a school we constantly challenge our students, our teachers, our staff and ourselves to develop new skills and knowledge; to set and keep high standards; and to never stop enjoying what we do.
The staffroom is a relaxed, friendly and very supportive place with a mix of teachers from all over the world. If you want to join our team please contact us today.
Full mastery of English across all 4 skills to CEFR C2/IELTS band 8 required.
Experience of working with children in any context, not only langugae teaching is helpful.
The deadline for applications is Sunday 12th May. We will not reply to any applicants before this date so we can assess all applications.
- Flights: You will be reimbursed 3,000 CZK (cc 115 EUR) in travel expenses upon arrival
- Accommodation: A private room in shared accommodation is provided for the year of the contract. The monthly accommodation allowance is included in the salary calculation.
- Visa: Applicants outside of the EU & UK are welcome. However, candidates should note the onus is on them to know what is required and lead the visa process, the school will not do this for you but will support your application.
- Holiday:Christmas and spring break (Feb or Mar) + Czech National holidays, are paid in the fixed salary. There are a total of 20 days paid holiday pro rata (excl. public holidays). Dates agreed later
About the school and City
If there is any city that can lay claim to being the centre of Europe then Brno has a very good case. There are 3 capital cities within 200 kilometres, and 4 more no more than a bus or train ride away. Brno has all the amenities expected of a large, modern, European city with an excellent and cheap public transport system and easy access to the surrounding area, wonderful cafes, and bars for a fun night out. However, it avoids the trappings that come with being a capital - it is not overlarge, too commercialised or full of tourists. Which means in Brno you get a real feeling for the Czech Republic and Central Europe, where the East has become Westernised. Culturally Brno is a rich city, upholding the strong Slavic tradition for theatre and good food alongside all the benefits of having a number of universities and the variety of nightlife and events that brings. Brno is also noted for its design and architectural history. The city sits among the hills where two rivers meet, meaning fresh air and forests are not far away, and to the south are the well-known vineyards of Moravia. In short Brno is the jewel in the heart of Europe.
Take a look at the school page here.