- Start Date: 27/08/2018
- Duration: 10 months
- Salary: 3000 PLN - 3700 PLN
Essential role requirements:
- You must have a CELTA, Trinity TESOL, or equivalent initial teaching qualification
- Due to visa and work permit requirements, we are only able to consider applications from EU or those holding USA passports as US citizens are allowed to be employed on a self-employment contract under local law.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and responsible EFL teacher to work in our bilingual kindergarten "First Steps" in the period of 27.08.2018 - 19.06.2019. This is a great opportunity for those who are interested in gaining a thorough insight into language acquisition of very young children. If you are positive person, have a good sense of humour, energetic and enjoy learning and initiating, creative ways of teaching, you will find this job extremely rewarding.
The position will help broaden future employment opportunities because you will be able to benefit immensely by developing professionally in the EFL world in a well-established and supportive school, whilst immersing yourself in authentic Polish culture amidst the backdrop of a beautiful mountainous region.
International House Bielsko was established in 1993 and has a very solid reputation in the local community. Since 2001 the school has been running an English Kindergarten – ‘First Steps’ with 120 children of 1 - 6 year olds. Intensive English classes are delivered by qualified teachers and there will always be teachers who speak both English and Polish in the classroom.
The school is also an authorized Cambridge English Examination Centre and since 2014 it has been running a bilingual primary school “Primary Steps”.
For details on our kindergarten please visit ourwebsite: http://www.przedszkole.anglojezyczne.pl/en/przedszkole
As a teacher you will be teaching 22-24 hours (Mon. – Fri.), 20 of which will take place in the kindergarten and 2-4 in the main International House school in the afternoon.
Duties will include:
- working with young children (2,5 - 6 year olds),
- ensuring the curriculum is covered,
- completing daily lessons that include s/s, t/s, pairing and other creative learning modalities to ensure children are speaking and learning English in a fun environment through play, music, movement and interactive activities.
- ensuring safety, security and confidentiality of children at all times.
We are dedicated to the learning of both our children and the teaching staff and we offer training sessions and support in all areas of teaching. Weekly training sessions and teacher meetings are part of the contract. An induction period is held before commencing teaching to orient teachers to the school. We offer a wide choice of teaching guides, resources, aids and materials.
The school will pay 100% of the cost of emergency consultations with general doctors and specialists, emergency hospital treatment, and treatment for illnesses and injuries which occur in Poland. The school also pays 50% of the cost of prescriptions and emergency dental treatment (please note this doesn’t apply to self-employed teachers) and assists newly recruited teachers in finding accommodation.
- a monthly bonus of 100 PLN is awarded to CELTYL, IHCYLT, CELT-P qualified teachers;
- a bonus of 100 PLN per month for preparing a monthly report of language taught;
- travel allowance: 300 PLN for travellers from Europe and 600 PLN for travellers from other continents;
- a ten-week intensive IHCYLT (Oct.-Dec.2018) course with the school which will be free on completion of a full time employment contract.;
- a free ski-pass or cash equivalent of 300 PLN (please note that this doesn't apply to self-employed teachers);
- 10 free survival Polish lessons.
- Travel allowance: 300 PLN for travellers from Europe and 600 PLN for travellers from other continents
- The school assists newly recruited teachers in finding accommodation. However, rental contracts are signed directly between teachers and landlords. The approximate cost of the accommodation (excluding bills) is approx. 600-800 PLN per person in shared flats and approx. 1,000 - 1,300 PLN for single accommodation.
About the school and the City:
The school is located in the south of Poland, two hours from Cracow and very close to both Czech and Slovak borders in the picturesque area of the Beskidy Mountains. It is ideal for hiking, mountain cycling and winter sports. The location is also very convenient for those who wish to travel around central Europe - to Prague, Vienna, Budapest or Berlin.
Take a look at the school page here.