- Start Date: 3rd January 2019
- Duration or End Date: 30th June 2019
Salary: GROSS / MONTH - 1127.28€ + CHRISTMAS BONUS + SUMMER BONUS , as well as Holiday pay at the end of contract
Essential role requirements
- You must have a CELTA, Trinity TESOL, or equivalent initial teaching qualification
- The role is open only to those with the right to work in the EU.
- You must have a driving licence.
- You must have a degree (e.g. BA, BSc)
20 contact hours, teaching general English to children and teens at the school and at an off-site centre.
You’ll be working with supportive management, a friendly and highly motivated team of 12 teachers and loyal, lively students who return every year. There are ongoing teacher development opportunities, including weekly workshops and courses such as IHCYLT and IHVYL. You need to be CELTA qualified, ideally with at least one year’s experience. Experience with YL is an advantage.
- Flights: The school will pay for a flight from London at the beginning and to London at the end of contract.
- Accommodation: We will help teachers find suitable accommodation.
- Holiday: The school is closed for 3 days at Carnival and 8 working days at Easter.
About the school and City
IH Viseu has been open since 1983 and is well know locally for its caring attitude towards students and its excellent language teaching. The school comprises 2 buildings in the centre of town and also has 2 off site centres in São Pedro do Sul and Tondela. There are 8 full time and 3 part-time teachers, a senior teacher , a DOS and a Director as well as our 3 lovely receptionists!
Viseu has been selected as the best Portuguese town to live in for the past 3 years. It has a population of around 100.000 and has all the facilities you'd expect such as cinema, theatre , gyms, parks as well as putting on numerous art/culture/gastronomic festivals throughout the year. There are lots of opportunities to go cycling and walking in the surrounding countryside.
Take a look at the school page here.