- Start Date: 1 December 2019, or 1 January 2020
- End Date: 30th June 2020 (contract is renewable)
Salary: Salary will be very motivating. Details to be discussed at the interview.
Essential role requirements
The role is open only to those with the right to work in the EU.
- You must have a CELTA, Trinity TESOL, or equivalent initial teaching qualification
We are looking for enthusiastic EFL teachers to be part of our friendly and supportive team of professionals. We offer a seven-month contract with possibility of extension for minimum one year to CELTA qualified teachers. Teaching norm is 20-24 teaching hours (1 TH=45 minutes) of general English teaching (both adult and YL groups) and Cambridge examinations preparatory courses. Responsibilities also include lesson preparation, class administration, end of level testing and substituting. In addition, teachers will be attending staff meetings, teacher development seminars, peer observations and placement testing, while becoming involved in the organization of social activities and events. All of the above are to be done within 40 hours work per week,
Your timetable would be Monday to Friday with lessons usually between 4:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m. In case you will be teaching YL classes on Saturday from 10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m., Monday is off.
Benefit from constant support from experienced academic staff (Academic Coordinator, YL Coordinator, Senior teacher). There will be an orientation period of 1 week.
- Flights: Travel allowance is provided for both flights.
- Accommodation: Single accommodation cost and monthly utilities are covered by the school.
- Visa: The school will give assistance in getting a work permit.
- Holiday: For the 7 month contract, teacher is entitled to a 4 week paid vacation: 2 weeks at Christmas, 1 week at Easter and 1 week in summer.
About the school and City
IH Timisoara opened in 1992 and has been the most professional language school in the city ever since. We teach English, German and Romanian for foreigners and we offer a wide range of language programmes for all age groups and levels:
- courses for adults
- courses for young learners and teenagers
- company courses
- exam preparation courses
- special purposes and tailor-made courses
The historic villa which houses the school is located in the heart of Timisoara, on leafy C.D.Loga Bd. 11. The famous Victory Square, with its majestic Metropolitan Cathedral and Opera House, is only 100 m away. The old town which is one of the most favourite tourist attractions, as well as good quality and value restaurants and pubs can be found within easy walking distance.
Most of our courses are taught on premises. Classrooms are air-conditioned and are equipped with smart TV and laptop. There is also a staff room and a library that consists of a wide range of coursebooks and supplementary resources. The online resource bank is there as well, ready to use in class.
Take a look at the school page here.