- Start Date: ASAP
- Duration or End Date: 2 year contract
Salary: $960 - $1440
Essential role requirements
You must have a degree (e.g. BA, BSc)
- You must have a CELTA, Trinity TESOL, or equivalent initial teaching qualification
Growing language school looking for CELTA-/DELTA-qualified, experienced EFL teachers for general English, exam preparation, Young Learners/Teens, one-to-one and in-house teaching. Competitive salary, friendly staffroom, supportive environment with CPD a real priority. Opportunities for gaining valuable experience in different teaching contexts. Potential for DELTA-qualified / experienced teachers to move into teacher training and/or oral examining (minimum two-year commitment required).
- Experience of EFL teaching (minimum of one year preferred)
- Some experience with YL teaching preferred
- Experience teaching exam preparation classes preferred but not essential
IH Quito is committed to looking after the welfare of its staff and students, and expects all employees to share this commitment. By applying for this job you confirm that you are of suitable character, safe to work with children and young people, and have no relevant criminal convictions.
Contracts are for two years in accordance with IH standards. Absolute minimum of one-year commitment required. Shorter contracts are not offered.
US$960-1440 (net) depending on qualifications and experience (for 80 teaching hours per calendar month - extra hours paid on top)
* Free visa on completion of one-month probation
* Free local medical insurance
* Monthly salary rather than hourly paid inc. sick leave and four weeks paid leave per annum (not including Public Holidays)
NB We do NOT provide initial financial support for flights or accommodation though we will help you find somewhere suitable to live when you arrive.
- Visa: Free visa on completion of one-month probation
- Holiday: four weeks paid leave per annum (not including Public Holidays)
About the school and City
IH Quito affiliated to IH World Organisation of language schools in 2014, and is an authorized Cambridge English Language Assessment centre covering the Sierra region of Ecuador. IH Quito is an established and well-known school in the city, offering general English, exam preparation, YL courses and teacher training.
IH Quito is in the central business district of Quito, the capital city of Ecuador.
At an elevation 2,850 metres above sea level and located right on the equator, Quito is truly a unique city. In the heart of the Ecuadorian Andes it boasts breathtaking views of surrounding mountains and volcanoes. Quito has one of the largest, least-altered and best-preserved historic centres in the Americas and was among the first World Cultural Heritage Sites declared by UNESCO in 1978.
Ecuador is one of the smaller South American countries but is unbelievably diverse, from pristine Jungle, to Andean Paramo to tropical beaches and of course the Galapagos Islands, meaning you will have no shortage of options when planning a trip during one of the many Ecuadorian national holidays.
Take a look at the school page here.