- Start Date: 03/10/2019
- Duration or End Date: 8 months
Salary: To be discussed at interview
Essential role requirements
The role is open only to those with the right to work in the EU.
- You must have a CELTA, Trinity TESOL, or equivalent initial teaching qualification
- You must have a degree (e.g. BA, BSc)
Applicants should have full mastery of English across all 4 skills to CEFR C2/IELTS band 9
Come to a school where your opinion counts!
EFL Teachers needed to join our small, enthusiastic team. Excellent opportunity to get your IH CYLT in a friendly, supportive environment.
‘’Enthusiastic, fun and interesting students, dedicated staff and supportive management make this a great school to work in!’’ Luca Lieghio (20 years teaching experience at this school).
“The school has a bright and welcoming atmosphere which makes it a pleasant place to be” Bronte Ainsley (teacher)
Are you dynamic, flexible and keen on teaching young learners? Do you want to do your IH CYLT in a small supportive peer group? If yes, come and join us. You will have plenty of opportunities to develop as a teacher by teaching a large variety of courses, ranging from very young and young learners to adults, from general English to exam classes, on-site as well as off-site courses. You will get tailor made support that reflects your own personal interests and needs in an environment that is very much based on team building, sharing and co-operation. We carefully select our teachers to maintain the friendly atmosphere and community spirit that you feel the minute you set foot in the door.
On a practical side, we’ll help you to find suitable rented accommodation and provide free Italian lessons to make it easier for you to settle in and to make friends with the local community. At the end of your contract you’ll also get a bonus.
- Flights: 150,00 Euro - the equivalent of a low cost return flight London - Palermo will be paid at the end of the contract.
- Accommodation: The school doesn’t provide free accommodation but helps the teachers to find suitable rented accommodation.
- Holiday: 2 1/2 days holiday paid per month worked. Leaving bonus approx a third of a month’s salary. “Tredicesima” = approx 1/12 for every month worked. For teachers staying more than 3 years and working full time, there is also an extra bonus of €500 at the end of each school year. Travelling time for off -site work is paid.
About the school and City
IH Palermo London School has been developing great teachers for more than 30 years and enjoys an excellent reputation in Palermo, the capital city of Sicily. The school is strategically located in a modern, residential area of Palermo, a 20- minute bus ride from the city centre and the lovely ‘Mondello’ beach. There are plenty of facilities in the area which cater for all your needs. Even if the nearest bus stop is only a 5- minute walk from the school, many of our teachers prefer to cycle around the city which is a feasible alternative to public transport, given Palermo’s sunny Mediterranean climate.
The school has bright, colourful classrooms, all equipped with laptops and projectors. The students tend to be a pleasure to teach as they are generally lively, outgoing, communicative and fun.
Palermo is lively, welcoming and has plenty of great food. It has the largest historical centre in Europe and was voted City of Culture in 2018. The location is stunning. The city is surrounded by mountains and the nearest beach is only a short bus ride away. Last but not least, the cost of living is much cheaper than in the UK or in cities in the North of Italy.
Take a look at the school page here.