- Start Date: January 2020
- Duration or End Date: 12 months (renewable)
Salary: 12000 pesos (Monthly Gross Salary)
Essential role requirements.
- You must have a CELTA, Trinity TESOL, or equivalent initial teaching qualification
- You must have a degree
- Proficiency in English (minimum C2 level)
- You must have at least 2 years of teaching experience
- Organization, responsibility, professional appearance and demeanor
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Excellent interpersonal skills for liaising with corporate students, and IH staff
- Computer literacy
We are looking for applicants with a CELTA and 2 years post certificate experience to teach up to 25 hours on a variety of courses e.g. General English to our BA students; YL courses, Business English and others.
We are very focussed on continual professional development, setting up regular workshops for our teachers and giving them the opportunity to gain experience in different areas with guided support from our senior teachers.
§ Attend induction session once hired in which information relevant to carrying out teaching responsibilities is provided
§ Design and submit weekly lesson plans to ensure quality of classes and timely completion of course/syllabus content
§ Deliver classes in an interactive manner using supplemental material to complement the course book
§ Submit attendance lesson plans, lists, mark sheets, exam drafts and payroll information by stipulated deadlines
§ Complete Professional Development Plan (PDP), attend bi-annual appraisal meetings, and meet plan objectives
§ Attend monthly Teacher Training and Development sessions
§ Conduct placement testing for corporate students
§ Invigilation of exams when required
§ General support at IH when and if deemed appropriate by DoS and/or Director
- Flights: Monthly Gross Salary $12,000.00 MXP · Social security (public healthcare) is also paid for all full-time teachers once they have been granted their work visas.
- Accommodation: IH Cuernavaca does not provide long-term paid accommodation. However, we do arrange and pay for accommodation for teachers during their first week in Cuernavaca if needed.
- Visa: All teachers coming to work in Mexico must procure a work permit before entering the country, IH Cuernavaca oversees and pays for permit expenses incurred in Mexico.
- Holidays: teachers are entitled to approximately 1 month of paid holidays during the year - 2 weeks in December, the first few days of January, and one week at Easter.
About the school and City
We aren't just an IH Language School providing Business English, Young Learner and General English courses, we also run our very own BA pogramme in teaching English and Spanish as a foreign language.
You can find us in Cuernavaca: a city famous for its warm, stable climate and abundant vegetation, Also known as the the City of Eternal Spring, it is located an hour's drive away from Mexico City.
Take a look at the school page here.