- Start Date: 04/09/2019
- Duration or End Date: 30/06/2020
Salary: Proficient level: net 230,805 HUF; placement level: net 207,000 HUF
Essential role requirements
The role is open only to those with the right to work in the EU.
- You must have a CELTA, Trinity TESOL, or equivalent initial teaching qualification
- You must have a degree (e.g. BA, BSc)
Due to Government regulations, preference will be given to candidates who have at least 12 years of education in an English speaking country. Other candidates must hold a language teaching degree and a C1 exam in English
We are looking for an effective, motivated and enthusiastic teacher who is strongly committed to on-going professional development. The ideal candidate will be willing and able to teach all levels and all types of classes, including general, business, 1to1, exams and Young Learners.
There is a maximum average of 25 hours (60 minutes) per week over a four week period, made up of teaching and administration hours.
- Flights: Maximum 70,000 HUF allowance towards the cost of a return flight booked in the teacher’s name
- Accommodation: The school can provide assistance with finding accommodation and/or help arrange a place by the time of arrival.
- Holiday: 2 weeks at Christmas 1 week at Easter, 1 or two weeks at end of contract depending on hours taught
About the school and City
Budapest is one of the most popular destinations in Europe, thanks to its beautiful sights, baths and spas, vivid cultural and night life.
IH Budapest has been open in the heart of Buda (near the casle district) for more than 30 years. We have a friendly and helpful community of teachers and management.
What we offer:
• monthly travel pass
• a strong professional development programme (weekly seminars, mentoring system,
specialised TT courses, discount on DELTA, etc.)
• good work environment
• free Hungarian lessons
• free IH Budapest mini-courses (YL, Exam Prep, Teaching 1 to 1)
What we are looking for:
• precision and accuracy
• teachers will have to be prepared to work split-shifts and/or straight shifts
• newly qualified teachers are welcome
• the ideal candidate has a right to work in the EU
Take a look at the school page here.