- Start Date: ASAP and/or January
- Duration or End Date: April/May 2020
Salary: Included in information sent out to applicants
Essential role requirements
The role is open only to those with the right to work in the EU.
- You must have a CELTA, Trinity TESOL, or equivalent initial teaching qualification
Experience of working with young learners and/or teens
We are looking for dynamic dedicated teachers who are enthusiastic about teaching young learners and teenagers. The full job description is sent out with additional information to all long listed applicants.
English language teaching qualifications and experience
• CELTA/TESOL or equivalent (i.e.120 hour course with minimum of 6 hours observed and assessed teaching practice) + at least 1 year's teaching experience or other relevant experience
• English language competencies (all skills) at C2 level
• Some experience of teaching English to children and/or teens
• A or B grade at CELTA/TESOL or equivalent + at least 6 months teaching experience. •
• DELTA or equivalent •
• experience of teaching on exam courses, i.e. Cambridge exams •
• Cambridge speaking examiner
• experience of teaching in an International House or AISLi school •
• experience of working in Italy or other southern European countries
English Language Competencies
• teachers are expected to have good language awareness in order to effectively teach all ages from beginner to upper intermediate levels
• good language awareness in order to effectively teach up to C2 level
• ability to provide students with the best conditions under which they can learn and flourish
• ability to demand high from students of all ages •
• ability to teach well prepared lessons with clear learning outcomes which meet students’ needs •
• good classroom management competencies which enable all students to stay focused and engaged in the lesson
• effective skills for marking homework, writing course outlines and end of course reports
• effective digital competencies in order to complete online registers and check online timetables
Essential requirements for the post
• commitment to own professional and personal development (i.e. participating in CPD sessions, observations) and keeping up to date with educational change
• essential to work evenings, some split shifts and some Saturdays.
• travel by public transport (or own transport) to offsite companies to deliver courses, as required
• work on non-teaching events and activities
• work on summer camp in June, if needed
• invigilate (and/or examine) during the busy exam periods
• able to speak Italian to A2/B1 level , or readiness to learn
Essential competencies for the role
• a team player with the ability to work independently
• ability to ask for help or support when you need it
• intercultural competence and desire to learn and adapt to local Italian context
• ability to communicate well with a diverse range of people
• have a positive approach to problem solving
• exhibit enthusiasm and positivity to meet the challenges of the job
• bring creativity to the classroom and the staffroom
- Flights: A contribution towards flights is made on successful completion of the contract
- Accommodation: The school helps new teachers to find accommodation
- Holiday: Two days for each full month are accrued. Further details are given in the information which we send out to long listed applicants.
About the school and City
The school is situated in the centre of Arezzo. It is 5 minutes’ walk from the railway station and is near the main bus stops. It is very close to the historic centre and the main shops. The school has recently extended its premises and it is now on 3 floors including ground floor access. The ground floor contains the reception area and a large room which is used for exams, events and workshops. The other two floors contain some offices, the staff room and most of the classrooms.
Arezzo is a town of art and poets. The old town centre bears the fascinating signs of its rich history and of the great artists who left their precious mark there during the Middle Ages and the Renaissance, enriching it with the magnificent works of art which can be found in its squares, buildings and monuments. Arezzo is in a good position for visiting southern Tuscany. It is about 80km south of Florence and about 180 km north of Rome. The main A1 motorway runs fairly near Arezzo and trains for Milan, Rome and Florence stop at Arezzo station. Florence is about 50 minutes away by train.
Take a look at the school page here.