- Start Date: 18/11/2019
- Duration or End Date: 1 or 2 year contract (renewable)
Salary: To be discussed at interview
Essential role requirements
- You must have a CELTA, Trinity TESOL, or equivalent initial teaching qualification
- You must have a DELTA, DipTESOL, or MA TESOL
Experience teaching exam prep courses up to C2 level
Friendly team looking for a committed and easy going teacher/trainer to join the IH Lima family.
Full time teaching position involving teaching mostly upper level exam preparation classes and general English classes.
Preference for teachers with teacher training experience, either already a CELTA tutor or ready for training up (we offer this option to the right candidate).
Most teaching will be in-house but may involve teaching some in-company business classes or workshops.
Supportive DoS and established CPD programme.
Main duties include:
• Teaching classes
• Planning and preparation
• Updating on-line system and keeping up with paperwork
• Attending insett sessions and taking active interest in developing as a teacher/trainer
• Placement testing as required
• Possible participation in open days and taster sessions for promotional purposes
- Flights: Up to $500 reimbursed after initial 3 months probation period.
- Accommodation: We will support teachers to find accommodation
- Visa: We will support the teacher to get the correct working status in Peru.
- Holiday: Under Peruvian law, workers get 15 calendar days per year, plus around 12 bank holidays. We also give 3 extra days at Christmas.
About the school and City
Lima is a wonderful vibrant city on the coast of Peru. It's a real melting pot of different cultures between the original Incas, the Spanish influences and the Asian community creating a unique world famous fusion gastronomy.
Overlooking the sea, Miraflores is the main area for restaurants and bars, and is where most of the foreigners live happily alongside the locals. Here you can find food and entertainment to suit all tastes as well as parks and cycling tracks galore. Ever more modern: trendy coffee shops, organic food stores and micro-breweries are popping up all over the place, giving it an even more cosmopolitan feel.
Our school started in 2004 and affiliated to IH in 2015. Since affiliating we have also become a Cambridge exam centre for teacher training and were the first (and still the only) centre to offer CELTA in Peru. We are now also approved as a Delta 2 and 3 centre and will have our first Delta 2 course in 2020.
We are a British Council IELTS test centre running tests once or twice a month along with the accompanying preparation courses.
We are a small and friendly school, we feel that the working environment is very important since we spend so much of our time here. We try to think of ourselves as a family (part of the larger IH family) and our school as a second home. We are also ambitious, planning to grow and offer more in-house classes as well as teacher training next year, continuing to establish ourselves as the place to go for English and teacher training in Lima.
Take a look at the school page here.