- Start Date: 01/09/2018
- Duration: Academic year 2018/9
Essential role requirements:
- You must have a CELTA, Trinity TESOL, or equivalent initial teaching qualification, and a DELTA, DipTESOL or MA TESOL.
- The role is open only to those with the right to work in the EU.
El Centro Británico, International House Santiago de Compostela, is looking for inspirational and enthusiastic leaders to be part of our lively and hard-working team of over 45 staff membes consolidating our 40 years of teaching experience in Santiago de Compostela. We are looking for forward thinking individuals who believe in responding to customers’ needs.
The DoS will work closely with the academic management team which is responsible for maintaining teaching and training standards in our three centres. The DoS will inform the school management along the comercial and HHRR department.
The responsibilities will include:
- Providing support and development for teachers through regular observations and feedback.
- Providing development opportunities for teachers through weekly CPD sessions
- Providing support for teachers with lesson planning and classroom management issues
- Providing support and training for teachers in the run up to Cambridge exams and mock exams
- Development of in-house syllabi and course plans
- Development of bespoke syllabi and course plans for in-company and 1:1 classes
- Advise the Administrative department about timetable issues
- Recruitment of new teachers
- Placement testing of potential students
- Liaising with publishers regarding the selection of coursebooks and material
- Working as a tutor on IHWO training courses (subject to IHWO approval)
- Playing an integral role in the preparation and process of IHWO Quality inspections (as a newly affiliated school we are inspected on an annual basis)
- Teach up to 8 timetabled academic hours per week and be available for cover lessons as the need arises.
- Delivering presentations, seminars and workshops to local schools and national and international conferences
- Assisting the Commercial department in promoting the academy’s services to corporate and institutional clients
- Assisting with the development and implementation of products and publicity
The idea candidate will have:
- A positive and proactive attitude
- A strong EFL background
- Experience with students of all ages
- A good working knowledge of Cambridge ESOL exams
- Management experience
- DELTA or equivalent higher EFL qualification
- The ability to lead, inspire, motivate and manage staff
- The ability to work well in a team
- The ability to cope with a wide range of teacher and student problems and to work under pressure
- The ability to communicate effectively
- Confidence to take initiative
- A good level of Spanish (B2 or above) or an ability to learn fast
- Flexibility to adapt when needs arise
- Continual professional development (assisting conferences
About the School and the City:
We are located in the beautiful and historic city of Santiago de Compostela, Galicia in northwest Spain. The city is an UNESCO World Heritage Site, famous for the awe-inspiring cathedral of St. James. Santiago is also known for its fresh local food, wine, music and atmosphere. Some of the world's most beautiful beaches are located in Galicia. With over 800 miles of breath-taking coastline and ¨rias¨, sandy beaches and lagoons, Galicia is an ideal destination for lovers of nature, surfing and wilderness.
Take a look at the school page here.