- Start Date: December 2019 or as agreed
- Duration: Permanent
Salary: To be discussed at interview
Essential role requirements
You must have a CELTA, Trinity TESOL, or equivalent initial teaching qualification
You must have a DELTA, DipTESOL, or MA TESOL
You must have a degree (e.g. BA, BSc)
You must have a proficient level of German
Join our dedicated and fun team! We are looking for a motivating and enthusiastic Director of Studies who can lead our staff in delivering top quality service and success to our customers.
Ideally, you have:
• Previous experience managing, motivating and supporting staff
• The ability to focus on customer satisfaction and progress
• Proven organizational and administrative skills
• The ability to cope with a wide variety of teacher and student problems
• Experience as a CELTA trainer
You will be responsible for:
• Maintaining our school’s reputation as the leading language school in terms of academic excellence
• Leading the staff of 50 teachers, including 3 Team Leaders
• Organizing and delivering ongoing professional development, including classroom observation with feedback and in-house and external workshops
• Helping to promote and administer exams
• Course and Product Development and training of teachers to run those courses
• Coordinating and conducting annual staff appraisal meetings with teachers and Team Leaders
• Teacher recruitment
• Quality assurance, including developing processes and tools, and administering our external certification inspections
• Handling customer feedback
• Running the Teacher Training Department as a profitable and growing profit center
You will be expected to:
• Work 40 hours per week, including teaching up to 15 hours
• Be available for emergency cover for English and/or German classes
• Be a CELTA tutor on 1 or 2 CELTA courses per year
• Deliver in-house and external workshops
• Liaise with IHWO, Eaquals, ETAS and AkDaF members
- Flight for a face-to-face interview will be paid for.
The school will help in finding suitable accommodation.
The school will give assistance in getting a visa
5 weeks paid holiday per year, Christmas and other public holidays are also paid
About the school and City
Baden is dynamic. The city of 25’000 inhabitants is a place where people come together; it is a cultural and economic hub and simply a great place to live. We radiate friendliness in our narrow streets, our squares and our pubs and shops. Anyone who lives, works or goes to school in Baden is keenly aware of the quality of life and benefits from the excellent services offered by the city.
We at International House Zurich-Baden are proud to have been an integral part of the community since our inception in 1988. We are a renowned language school for adults and businesses. Our clients are highly trained professionals from all over the world who work for the companies located in the Zurich/Baden area. They learn in small groups of maximum 8 students and are supervised by highly qualified and motivated teachers. The 10 languages we teach are: English, German, French, Spanish, Italian, Russian, Arabic, Chinese, Japanese and Swiss German. We hope the excellent reputation we have with our adult students will soon lead us to having full Youth courses. We launched this as a new product line this summer.
Take a look at the school page here.