- Start Date: September 2019
- Duration or End Date: 2 year contract
Salary: 1700 euro (Please note that tax in Latvia can be up to 32%)
Essential role requirements
The role is open only to those with the right to work in the EU.
- You must have a CELTA, Trinity TESOL, or equivalent initial teaching qualification
- You must have a DELTA, DipTESOL, or MA TESOL
- YL qualification is desirable
International House Riga is looking for a new Director of Studies to manage our dynamic team of teachers.
IH Riga has over 30 teachers (including modern languages) and has a student body of more than 1,700, mostly under the age of 18.
The Director of studies leads the academic management team and is responsible for maintaining teaching and training excellence through observations and feedback, weekly training seminars and IH courses.
The DoS is also responsible for the running of the exams centre, updating end of course tests, placement testing, meeting with publishers and organising social events for staff and students.
The DoS needs to work with the Managing Director and marketing managers to continue to enhance the school's online presence and reputation within Latvia and IHWO.
The DoS is also expected to teach up to 12 timetabled academic hours per week and be available for cover lessons as the need arises.
There are exciting training opportunities available, including training as a teacher trainer, organising and participating in local and international conferences and examiner training.
- Flights: Flights are reimbursed up to 250 EUR for each academic year
- Accommodation: The school is able to provide a single studio flat at a reduced rate of 100 EUR or 200 EUR for a one bedroom flat. This includes bill (capped) except TV and internet.
- Visa: The school assists all new full time teachers to obtain their Latvian residency cards. The school also offers emergency medical insurance.
- Holiday: There are 20 days paid holidays + 13 public holidays for 12 month contract
About the school and City
IH Riga was founded in 1993 and joined IHWO a decade later. The school is situated in the centre of the city within five minutes walk of historic Old Riga. Working with us is an opportunity to work as part of an exceptional team of dedicated teachers. Full-time teachers have their own classrooms which they are encouraged to decorate with students' work. Laptops and projectors are also available for use in class and WiFi is available throughout the school. Riga is a historic trade port boasting unique early 20th Century architecture. There are excellent over-land transport links to the other Baltic states, sea lanes to Scandinavia and a wealth of direct budget flights to major European cities.
Take a look at the school page here.