- Start Date: April-May 2019
- Duration or End Date: 14 months
Essential role requirements
You must have a CELTA, Trinity TESOL, or equivalent initial teaching qualification
You must have a DELTA, DipTESOL, or MA TESOL
You must have a degree (e.g. BA, BSc)
Responsible for managing the teaching team and maintaining high academic standards, the LXC works closely with the Vietnamese Centre Manager to oversee all aspects of Apollo’s programmes within the school. In this role they are supported by the Senior Learning Experience Manager and other members of the nationwide academic management team.
The day-to-day management of the centre teaching team
Providing ongoing professional teacher development including:
Regular teacher observations (training given)
Managing communication both within the EFL department and between EFL and other departments
Assisting in the planning and implementation of marketing and student retention activities
Evaluation and reporting of targets
Teaching (teaching hours are dependent on centre size)
Ongoing professional development
An excellent range of resources and modern facilities, including IWBs
The opportunity to work closely with a friendly and supportive team of locals and expatriates
Academic and personal support within the role.
- Previous training and mentoring experience
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, time management, and organisational skills
- Flexibility and cultural awareness
- BA or MA (essential for Work Permit requirements)
- CELTA/Trinity TESOL or equivalent
- At least 3 years post qualification experience
- Full mastery of English across all 4 skills to CEFR C2/IELTS band 9
Applicants with the following will be prioritised:
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Specialist YL certification (Cambridge YL extension or IHCYL)
- DELTA/Trinity Diploma
- Experience working in Asia and/or a developing country
- Salary: Competitive salary and bonus
- Medical insurance allowance
- Flight allowance
- Twenty days paid annual leave plus eleven national holidays paid per year.
- Visa and work permit support including covering costs
Please visit our website for information about teaching at Apollo, teaching and living in Vietnam: www.apollo.edu.vn / www.teachatapollo.com
• Interested candidates are invited to apply via email
• Please include ‘Academic Manager – YL’ in the subject line of the application email
• Along with an up to date CV, your application should include a cover letter stating your interest and suitability for the post
• Please include scanned copies of your BA/MA degrees, Teaching Certificates and valid Police Check. Submission of original documents will be required later for Work Permit application, photocopies will not be accepted.
About the school and City
We have 20 years’ experience in Vietnam and are nationally recognised as a leading name in English language training. With an ever increasing number of schools across the country, we offer a range of English courses to Young Learners, Adults and Corporate clients, as well as Cambridge certified teacher training for both expatriate and local teachers.
Apollo Junior specialises in delivering high quality English training to students between the ages of 3 and 17. Our goal is to create a rich learning environment with modern, specialised facilities and teaching focused on meaningful communication.
Take a look at the school page here.