- Start Date: 20/08/2018
- End Date: 31/05/2019 (9 months with possibility of renewing)
- Salary: negotiable
Essential role requirements:
- Qualifications: You must have a CELTA, Trinity TESOL, or equivalent initial teaching qualification and a DELTA, DipTESOL or MA TESOL.
- A degree is required
- Visa: The role is open only to those with the right to work in the EU.
- Providing ongoing professional, academic and personal support for approximately 14 teachers and 700 in-house students
- Helping with organization of timetables
- Teaching between 10 and 12 hours per week
- Assisting in the organisation and implementation of ESP courses, including exam preparation (IELTS & Cambridge,Toles) and others.
- Assisting the Director in promoting the school’s services to corporate and institutional clients
- Organising and delivering ongoing professional development, including classroom observation and feedback, weekly meetings and workshops.
- Administering placement tests, needs analysis and interviews with prospective clients.
- Helping to promote and administer exams
- Delivering presentations, seminars and workshops to local school teachers about IELTS, Cambridge exams, CLIL and other EFL topics.
- Liaising with AISLI and IHWO members
- Conduct annual PDI meetings with teachers.
- Conduct annual staff appraisal meetings
- Help to organize social activities, including parent-teacher interviews (bi-annual)
- Meet with parents upon request/ speak with parents in the case of any problems that arise with students
QUALIFICATIONS – The ideal candidate would have:
- Minimum DELTA, plus extensive experience
- A liking for people, an ability to be supportive and communicate effectively
- Proven organisational and administrative skills
- The ability to manage, motivate and support staff.
- The ability to cope with a wide variety of teacher and student problems and to work under stress
- A good level of Italian
- Experience as a Cambridge examiner and IELTS examiner (not necessary, but considered an advantage)
Experience as a CELTA trainer (not necessary, but considered an advantage
About the school and the City:
IH Campobasso has been running successfully for over 30 years and is the number one language school in the region of Molise. As an AISLI member, our school motto is to provide and maintain a level of excellence that our learners expect from a quality school. The school runs a wide range of courses including: General English, Conversation classes, Cambridge exam preparation, IELTS exam preparation, Business English and English for Special Purposes. We are an official Cambridge exam centre and, in December, 2017 we became an official IELTS off-site test venue in collaboration with IH Rome, Via Manzoni. In January, 2018, we became an official BULATS test centre as well as official TOLES test centre. Our newest addition to the school is our English nursery, which was opened in order to meet the increasing demand for English for Very Young Learners. To date, we boast approximately 700 enrolled students in our school. We encourage continuous professional development for all staff members ensuring that all teachers attend regular teacher training workshops and seminars. A major component of our school is our study abroad department, which works year round to organize study vacations for thousands of students throughout Europe as well as in North America
Take a look at the school page here.