- Start Date: August 2019
- Duration or End Date:June 2020 with the possibility of staying on.
Salary: 1,300 euros per month
Essential role requirements
The role is open only to those with the right to work in the EU.
- You must have a DELTA, DipTESOL, or MA TESOL
The ideal candidate would have:
• Minimum DELTA, plus extensive experience
• A liking for people, an ability to be supportive and communicate effectively
• Proven organisational and administrative skills
• The ability to manage, motivate and support staff .
• The ability to cope with a wide variety of teacher and student problems and to work under stress
• A good level of Italian
• Experience as a Cambridge examiner and IELTS examiner (not necessary, but considered an advantage)
• Experience as a CELTA trainer (not necessary, but considered an advantage)
• Providing ongoing professional, academic and personal support for approximately 14 teachers, and approximately 700 students
• Helping with organization of timetables
• Teaching between 12 and 15 hours per week
• Assisting in the organization and implementation of ESP courses, including exam preparation (IELTS & Cambridge,Toles) and others.
• Assisting the Director in promoting the school’s services to corporate and institutional clients
• Organizing and delivering ongoing professional development, including classroom observation and feedback, weekly meetings and workshops.
• Administering placement tests, needs analysis and interviews with prospective clients.
• Helping to promote and administer exams
• Delivering presentations, seminars and workshops to local school teachers about IELTS, Cambridge exams, CLIL and other EFL topics.
• Liaising with AISLI and IHWO members
• Conduct annual PDI meetings with teachers.
• Conduct biannual staff appraisal meetings
• Help to organize social activities, including parent-teacher interviews (biannual)
• Meet with parents upon request/ speak with parents in the case of any problems that arise with students
- Accommodation: The school will help in finding suitable accommodation
- Holiday: Christmas holidays, Easter holidays and bank holidays included and paid for.
About the school and City
IH Campobasso has been running successfully for over 30 years and is the number one language school in the region of Molise. As an AISLI member since…., our school motto is to provide and maintain a level of excellence that our learners expect from a quality school. The school runs a wide range of courses including: General English, Conversation classes, Cambridge exam preparation, IELTS exam preparation, Business English and English for Special Purposes. We have been an official Cambridge exam centre since…. , and as of December, 2017 we are an official IELTS off-site test centre in collaboration with IH Rome, Via Manzoni. Our newest addition to the school is our English nursery, which was opened in order to meet the increasing demand for English for Very Young Learners.
There are currently twelve full-time and two part-time teachers on staff, who are all qualified, native level speakers of English with years of experience. We encourage continuous professional development for all staff members ensuring that all teachers attend regular teacher training workshops and seminars.
A major component of our school is our study abroad department, which works year round to organize study vacations for thousands of students throughout Europe as well as in North America
Situated in central Italy, the region of Molise is only a few hours away from both Rome and Naples. A quaint little city that prides itself on its tranquil atmosphere, very low crime rate and above all, its excellent food.
Take a look at the school page here.