Be inspired for the whole academic year by IH Kyiv's annual gathering of like-minded ELT colleagues! This online event is the perfect way to start October full of creative ideas on a range of topics.Read More
Online Ñglish Conference
6 February 2021
We're really proud of the work the IH Schools in Spain have been doing together during the pandemic and we’d like to celebrate this collaboration in style with a conference. We're hope you can join them for this FREE online event on Saturday 6th February.
And in case you’re wondering; they have replaced the 'En' in 'English' with the Spanish letter 'Ñ' because there will be sessions in both English and Spanish.
The conference is open to anyone with an interest in language teaching and learning in all contexts and parts of the world. There will be practical sessions and workshops with a particular focus on adapting to the new normal. We’re excited to be able to showcase both present and past IH talent including:
- Diana England who will explore some of the potential benefits and drawbacks of learning online for ‘tweens’
- Andrea Littlewood who will lead a workshop on primary activities which make a difference
- Roy Norris who will consider the essential ingredients of a B2 First course
- Anne Robinson who will be asking the question, ‘How can we engage students with the things they are listening to?’
Several of our colleagues in Spain have also agreed to lead a session, including:
- Carol Read who will discuss how to empower learners through the Sustainable Development Goals
- Chris Roland who will help us to structure fun for young language learners online
- Lindsay Clandfield who will be giving a talk entitled Programmes, Platforms, Projects (and Pigeons)!
Many thanks to IHWO and the publishers who have agreed to sponsor the event and provide speakers. You’ll be able to meet them during the virtual coffee breaks to find out more of what they can offer. Look out for their special offers and prize draws!
We really hope you can make our celebration. For further information and sign up, please visit www.nglishconference.com, and don’t forget to let your colleagues and friends know about the event too!