Following on from the online IH Branding Workshop in May, we would like to invite you to a short practical workshop in how to use Canva effectively with the IH branding elements. This workshop is specifically for anyone who designs and creates digital marketing content in an International House…Read More
IH Sofia talk about developing their "Responsible Global Citizens" curriculum
16 June 2021
14:00 to 15:00
In 2020, IH Sofia took the bold step of re-writing all its curricula across all kids classes (from 4-to-5 year olds to teenagers) with the ethos of “Developing Responsible Global Citizens”.
Hear Simon and Lyndsey talk about how they did this, the response, and what is planned next.
Weds 16th June, 2pm UK time
(Zoom link to be shared nearer the time)
Objectives of the IH Sofia plan
- educate their students to become the best person they can be with a greater respect for the world and the environment around them.
- develop themes of “The Environment”, “Health” and “The Community”
- incorporate more project based learning into the curriculum.
- make this a simple shift which is achievable for teachers (using the same textbooks and course structure)
- ensure that language learning is not compromised: vocabulary is being expanded, correct pronunciation and intonation are taught and lexical errors corrected.
The academic managers at the school planned this shift in a couple of months before the start of the 2020 academic year. Then this was cascaded in the usual teacher induction process,
Feedback from the teachers has been positive, and students are engaged and enthused with their learning.