GLS IH Berlin has planned an insightful teacher training day for German and other modern languages this October. The event will take place at GLS IH Berlin on Saturday 8th October 2022.Read More
IH Milan's Annual Conference
15 October 2021
Join International House Milan for their annual conference, "Forging Ahead: Strong Foundations and Changing Landscapes", to be held online on Friday, 15th October. Like every year, it will be an excellent opportunity to catch up on the latest trends in the world of ELT, listen to renowned international speakers, and network with colleagues.
• 9.00 – 9.15 | Welcome
• 9.15 – 10.00 | Antonia Clare (sponsored by Pearson) Be a Flamingo in a Flock of Pigeons: Teaching the Syllabus in Creative Ways
• 10.00 – 10.45 | Nial Curry (sponsored by Cambridge University Press & Cambridge Assessment English) How to Integrate Life Skills into your English Language Teaching
• 11.00 – 11.30 | Coffee Break, grab a cup of coffee and meet our sponsors
• 11.30 – 12.00 | Simona Stambazzi (from IH Milan) Storytelling in the YL Classroom: Narudin and the Tiger
• 12.00 – 12.30 | Daniel Tse (from IH Milan) Reflections on Synchronous and Asynchrnous Learning
• 12.30 – 13.00 | Veronika Balkind (from IH Milan) Spark Teenagers’ interest by using Song Apps and Lyrics in the Classroom”
• 13.00 – 14.00 | Lunch
• 14.00 – 14.45 | Marek Kiczkowiak (sponsored by DELTA Publishing) English as a Lingua Franca and the Myth of the Native Speaker
• 14.45 – 15.30 | George Heritage & Victoria Peña (sponsored by Cambridge University Press & Cambridge Assessment English) Write up there! From B2 First to C1 Advanced
• 15.30 – 16.00 | Coffee Break, stretch your legs and meet our sponsors
• 16.00 – 16.45 | Katherine Stannett (sponsored by National Geographic Learning) Teaching the Whole Student: Cultivating a Positive Mindset in Hard Times
• 16.45 | Closing
Participation is free subject to availability. All participants will receive a certificate of attendance (International House is a member of AISLI, Accredited Body for the training of School Teaching Staff). To register, click here and follow the instructions.
Do you know someone who might be interested in IH Milan's conference? Forward them this page so they can take part, too!