Join our IH Study Abroad Online Workshops to talk about plans for the future! The events will take place on the 8th and 9th February 2023.Read More
IH AMT Conference 2019
10-12 January 2019
The annual IHWO Academic Management & Trainers (AMT) Conference 2019 will be held at the Devonport House in Greenwich from Thursday 10th – Saturday 12th January.
This is a conference for both experienced Academic Managers and Trainers as well as those new to the IH AMT team. You can view the full conference brochure here. (NB: There is only a digital version of the brochure this year – there will be no hard copy available at the conference, however you will find a small version of the programme on your lanyard.)
Please find some details about the conference including travel, location and accommodation here.
On the Saturday of the conference we will enjoy a day of plenary talks from external speakers.
We have five inspiring speakers lined up:
- Silvana Richardson – Head of Teacher Development at Bell
- Chris Farrell – Head of Teacher Development at CES
- Ania Kolbuszewska – Language coach, trainer and educational consultant
- Gordon Stobart – Senior Research Fellow at the Oxford University Centre for Educational Assessment and Emeritus Professor of Education at the Institute of Education, University College, London
- Sarah Mercer – Professor of Foreign Language Teaching at the University of Graz, Austria with research interests in the psychology of language learning and teaching
As in previous years, delegates will have the opportunity to meet with peers from across the network, as well as representatives from publishers, exam boards and book sellers.
There is an important social aspect to the conference too though and delegates will be invited to a welcome drinks reception at the Greenwich Brewery on Thursday 10th and a special quiz night and dinner on the evening of Saturday 12th January. (Please note regular attendees, the quiz is moving to Saturday night this year!)
This conference is open to Academic Managers and Teacher Trainers from across the IH Network and registration is initially restricted to 2 delegates per fee-paying school.
Registration is now closed!
If you have any queries about registration, please contact Tanya at email@example.com.
With thanks to our 2019 sponsors!
Language Cert are also sponsoring our Thursday evening Welcome Drinks.