Interim Marketing and Brand Engagement Manager (10 month maternity cover)
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Marketing Manager to join our team for a fixed term 10-month contract (maternity cover). The post is full time, but we are open to considering a 70 - 80% hours contract for a strong candidate.
International House World is the central membership office for a network of 135 private language schools located across the globe. We are a small friendly team that works with a wonderful international community of schools and teachers in over 45 countries.
The Marketing Manager role is key to our organisation, with responsibility for promoting the International House brand and IH schools to students, agents and other key stakeholders, through marketing and communication activities as well as in person at industry events.
We are looking for a candidate with a passion for, and proven capability and background in, the management and delivery of creative marketing communications, digital advertising, digital marketing, content marketing and marketing strategy. You will have a keen eye for detail, ensuring that you manage projects on time, on budget and on brand, using Google Analytics and other tools to measure impact and effectiveness.
Reporting to the Managing Director, you will supervise the work of the Digital Content Executive and Membership and Marketing Executive, as well as working closely with other members of the IH World team on marketing campaigns and activities.
As well as being an exceptional communicator, you will be highly organised and enjoy working collaboratively across a range of different activities.
Ideally you will have experience in marketing language training or a closely related industry. You will use your excellent people skills to build relationships with IH schools and agents across our global network. You will attend and be involved in the delivery and promotion of both IH and industry events, some of which may be overseas.
We are looking for someone who can:
- Conceive of, and develop, online and offline marketing campaigns or strategies which can become templates for future campaigns.
- Manage those plans in action to drive engagement with IH products, events and activities including IH conferences, Study Abroad and the IH Online Teacher Training Institute.
- Manage and work closely with the Digital Marketing Executive to maintain and develop the ihworld.com and IHTeachEnglish.com websites and deliver digital campaigns.
- Direct and quality check social media (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn) content, campaigns and competitions created by the Digital Marketing Executive giving guidance and assistance as needed.
- Set KPIs and monitor the impact of communication campaigns, website, media and social performance, using tools such as Google Analytics.
- Manage paid social and paid search campaigns e.g. Google Ads (monitor impact and manage costs).
- Plan and oversee warm and friendly communication campaigns to IH schools, agents and key stakeholders worldwide and ensure effective use of emailing campaign software.
- Represent or coordinate IHWO presence at language and training related events and actively seek to develop and maintain useful relationships with partners and relevant bodies.
- Plan and co-manage the delivery of some IH events and conferences (these may be face to face or online) in collaboration with other members of the team as appropriate.
- Coordinate and communicate with the IH Study Abroad Committee that represents IH Study Abroad schools.
- Raise the profile of the IH brand, both internally and externally, and work to develop it and ensure consistent use across the IH membership through the production of marketing material relating to core products for use by members in their local market, organising collective promotional activity e.g. joint adverts, monitoring brand use by schools and raising awareness when non-compliant
- Negotiate and manage work and partnerships with external agencies and providers e.g. designers, sponsors, advertising space.
- Make presentations at IHWO Conferences about new projects, campaigns or services.
Skills and Experience
This role requires a creative, analytical thinker who can multi-task to coordinate all aspects of IHWO marketing activity, driving engagement with the IH brand and measuring impact.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- Ability to work calmly under pressure bringing projects in on time, in budget and on brand.
- A good eye for layout and design in both text and web based promotional material.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication in English (including spelling, punctuation, grammar and attention to detail) with skills in developing customer-facing copy.
- Strong people skills to build and strengthen relationships with IH schools across our global network, a diverse and interesting range of people.
- Experience in setting targets for and measuring success and engagement with website content, digital marketing campaigns and social media.
- Experience of using Google Analytics and other analysis tools.
- Experience of managing Google Ad campaigns, controlling costs and assessing impact.
- Experience of working with and developing the effectiveness of CMS and e-mailing software.
- Experience of working with brand guidelines and delivering brand compliant material.
- Ability to clearly define a project and delegate work and supervise the work of others in a motivating and supportive manner.
- Open-minded interest in other cultures, languages and people.
- Knowledge of the language training industry.
- Available to work abroad 1 - 2 times during contract and work occasional weekends and evenings for IH events.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office: Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Flexible approach to work tasks, duties and working hours.
- A minimum of 5 years marketing experience.
The following experience and skills are desirable:
- Qualification in Marketing or Digital Marketing
- Experience of designing, creating and implementing Google Ads using Google Ads Manager
- Experience of using graphic design software, preferably Adobe InDesign and Photoshop.
- Working knowledge of a second language
- Familiarity with IH network
What we offer
Fixed Term Contract: 10 months, starting early October 2022.
Salary: Competitive and dependent on skills and experience (pro-rated for reduced hours).
25 days paid holiday per year
7% employer pension contribution
Hybrid working with a great London office location in Shad Thames, SE1. Our office is open 5 days a week, but you can work remotely some of the week if you choose. You will need to be in the office a minimum of 1 day per week to meet with the rest of the team, more on occasions. You will also need to attend events and meetings in the London area.
This is a full-time role, working 35 hours a week. However, we are open to considering 70 - 80% contract (24.5 - 28 hours per week) for the right candidate.
To apply please send a CV and cover letter outlining your suitability for the post by Monday 22nd August to email@example.com . Interviews are planned to take place on the 24th and 25th August.
Though not essential, we will welcome links to marketing campaigns or digital content you have delivered in the past and/or a short (90 seconds max) introductory video as part of your application.
CV’s without a cover letter will not be considered as an application.