Digital Marketing Executive
Do you enjoy working on digital platforms, have a flair for copy writing and an interest in analysing the impact of your content as well as creating it?
We are recruiting for a Digital Marketing Executive to join our friendly, hybrid working team. International House World is the central membership office for a network of 135 private language schools located across the globe and your content will speak to the thousands of language students and teachers we engage with.
This is a varied role that incorporates website management, content creation and online communication. You will work closely with other members of the team to bring the IH brand to life in an engaging and meaningful way. We are looking for a creative and analytical individual with a good understanding of effective and engaging digital communications.
Being confident in and around website backends, is a must, as there is a regular stream of content requests and creative updates to both the main website and supporting landing pages. You’ll be able to work both independently and, in a team, as well as have incredible attention to detail.
We are looking for someone who can:
- Create engaging written content for IH World websites and social media, that communicates the IH brand and services to our different audiences.
- Manage and maintain the pages of ihworld.com and ihteachenglish.com websites through planning and writing content, updating pages, uploading images and ensuring site pages are SEO optimised and responsive to the needs of our different audiences.
- Create Member Area logins and update school directory on website as required.
- Monitor views, shares, leads generated and conversions on content, and produce monthly reports on success of content on social media and on website using google analytics.
- Create content for, monitor and report on Google ads, in consultation with the Brand Engagement and Marketing Manager and SEO agency.
- Use creativity and design skills to edit video content and produce branded photos and images for social media, website and newsletters.
- Proofread and sub edit or develop customer-facing communications copy produced by colleagues.
- Produce press releases.
- Maintain up to date records of hosting and domain name registration information.
Skills and Experience
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- Minimum 2-years prior experience in a digital marketing or content creation role.
- Strong copywriting and editing skills suited for web, from writing effective storytelling blogs to content for SEO
- Be digitally and technology savvy: basic understanding of HTML and experience with open source CMS (our sites are Umbraco and Drupal).
- Working knowledge of developing creative content using tools such as Adobe InDesign, Canva, Photoshop or Illustrator.
- Experience of producing short videos with desktop software
- Practical knowledge of technical SEO and experience of monitoring Google Ads
- Experience in analysis and optimisation of digital content and reporting on this.
- Proficient in MS suite and Google/MS analytics
- A good eye for layout and design in both text and digital promotional material.
- Experience of working with brand guidelines and delivering brand compliant material.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication in English with exceptional attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills - a warm and friendly manner
- Ability to work flexibly as part of a team.
- Open-minded interest in other cultures, languages, and people
- Eagerness to learn new skills
The following experience and skills are desirable:
- Knowledge of the language teaching industry
- Second Language skills (esp. Portuguese, German, French, Russian or Mandarin)
What we offer
Salary: £27,000 - £30,000 per year depending on skills and experience.
25 days paid holiday per year
7% employer pension contribution
Hybrid working with a great London office location in Shad Thames, SE1. You can work remotely but will need to be in the office a minimum of 1 day per week to meet with the rest of the team.
This is a full time role, working 35 hours a week. However, we are open to considering 80% contract (28 hours per week) for the right candidate.
We are a small friendly team that works with a wonderful international community of schools and teachers all over the world. We believe in investing in the professional development of our employees and you will have the opportunity to learn and develop new skills whilst working for us.
To apply please send a CV and cover letter outlining your suitability for the post by Wednesday 29th June to email@example.com . Interviews are planned to take place on the 4th and 5th July.
Though not essential, we will welcome links to digital content you have created in the past and/or a short (90 seconds max) introductory video as part of your application.
CV’s without a cover letter will not be considered as an application.